We are responsible for the design and implementation of the Shopee Service Governance Platform, which provides unified RPC framework for various Shopee microservices, with built-in service discovery, load balancing, failure recovery, metrics, and monitoring. Being open-minded and innovative, we solve challenging problems and provide technical platforms to support our fast-growing business.
- Design and develop essential components, including high performance RPC framework, service register and discovery, load balancing, configuration management, etc.;
- Write high-quality, clean, elegant, and maintainable code;
- Understand the technical platform, constantly optimise the service, identify and fix problems, improve usability, stability and reliability;
- Design and implement various supporting tools as needed.
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science or related fields.
- In-depth understanding of computer science fundamentals: data structures and algorithms, operating systems, networks, databases, etc.
- Strong and hands-on experience with at least one of the programming languages: Go, Python, C++, Java.
- Familiarity with Linux development environments and multi-threading programming.
- Familiarity with common network protocols (TCP, UDP, HTTP) and network programing.
- Experiences in design and development of large-scale distributed systems. (preferred)
- In-depth understanding of microservices architecture. (preferred)
- Experiences in RPC framework, ServiceMesh, Serverless, API gateway, message queue. (preferred)
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and Istio. (preferred)
- Familiarity with Web development. (preferred)
- Contribution to open-source projects. (preferred)