We are responsible for the design and implementation of the distributed storage services with high performance, high availability and high scalability in Shopee cloud, including NoSQL storage (KV), object storage (S3) and distributed file system. Being open-minded and innovative, we solve challenging problems and provide technical platforms to support our fast-growing business.
- Design and develop distributed storage services with high performance, high availability and elastic scalability.
- Write high-quality, clean, elegant, and maintainable code.
- Understand the technical platform, constantly optimise the service, identify and fix problems, improve usability, stability and reliability.
- Design and implement various supporting tools as needed.
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science or related fields.
- In-depth understanding of computer science fundamentals: data structures and algorithms, operating systems, networks, databases, etc.
- Strong and hands-on experience with at least one of the programming languages: Go, Python, C++, Java.
- Familiarity with Linux development environments and multi-threading programming.
- Familiarity with common network protocols (TCP, UDP, HTTP) and network programing.
- Experience in design and development of large-scale distributed systems. (preferred)
- Experience in storage system development. (preferred)
- Familiarity with open source storage projects: Redis, RocksDB, HDFS, Ceph, Cassandra, etc. (preferred)
- Contribution to open-source projects. (preferred)