Responsible for overseeing communications to the media, including preparing articles, press kits, press releases, and other content initiatives. Cultivates and manages relationships with media reps.
- Responsible for overseeing all communications from Shopee with various forms of media, including cultivating and managing all relationships with media representatives.
- Cultivate and enhance collaborative working relationships within the press and publicity community.
- Manage the flow of news about the organization to the media.
- Gather and disseminate timely information to the press and staff.
- Optimize communication system to enhance the accuracy of communication.
- Develop relationships with national and regional press contacts to ensure the company’s reputation is promoted and to deflect criticism.
- Plan and oversee press events.
- Detect public relations issues as they emerge and address them directly.
- Research and write briefing materials.
- Assemble press kits.
- Compose and edit press releases, company literature, and articles for internal and external use.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communication, Journalism, New Media, English, or related field or equivalent experience in public relations, media writing, or journalism.
- Huge media network on both traditional and new media
- Strong negotiation and coordination skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong proofreading and editing skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.