- Responsible for overseeing all communications from Shopee with various forms of media, including cultivating and managing all relationships with media representatives.
- Works with the public relations team in offering timely counsel, guidance, and response to working on how to strategically respond to the media and the public
- Monitors and reports on crisis-related media coverage on Shopee, including flagging potential issues brewing in the industry
- Identifies, manages, and mitigates potential issues before they hit the press
- Manages the flow of news about the organization to the media.
- Gathers and disseminates timely information to the press and staff.
- Develops relationships with national and regional press contacts to ensure the company’s reputation is promoted and to deflect criticism
- Bachelor’s degree holder; preferably in Public Relations, Communication, Journalism, New Media, English, or related field
- With at least 10 years of relevant experience in media relations, journalism, or corresponding for business, finance, and government beats
- Has a thorough understanding of current affairs and comprehensive knowledge of government structures and decision-making processes
- Ability to manage and handle crises
- Strong negotiation and coordination skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong proofreading and editing skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Having a media network on both traditional and new media is a bonus