- Drive initiatives to improve Shopee's item classification system (category/attribute/SPU), design a robust structure to support a wide range of business use cases on item groupings and catalogue.
- Lead the system transformation to support new business models and opportunities which require a scalable architecture on price model and stock management.
- Enhance Shopee’s listing quality control (QC) system by implementing an automated QC engine with a set of dynamic rules and machine learning detection mechanism, empower operation team to maintain reputation and legal compliance across the region.
- Identify and resolve deficiencies in Shopee’s listing system, liaise with business teams to understand requirements, set priorities and communicate direction and progress.
- Take the ownership to deliver product solutions with high business impact, work closely with designers and engineers to keep up with the agile development process.
- Formulate the product vision, define user stories, research appropriate technical solutions, coordinate the delivery of high-quality solutions, and drive adoption
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, information system, or a related applied quantitative field
- 2+ years (junior) or 6+ years (senior) product management experience in the internet field, experience in product listing and catalog management highly preferred
- Experience in integrating APIs and inter-system interactions
- Experience with database and can investigate production issues and development bugs using queries
- Experience in designing fundamental technical solution of system platforms with performance considerations
- Strong ownership, bias towards actions, get things done independently
- Effectively communicate complex business/technical information with different audiences verbally or in writing
- Analytical and quantitative reasoning. Good critical thinking and data-based decision-making skills
- Adaptable, open-minded, and comfortable to work with ambiguity and change
- Respond to evolving priorities quickly and systematically