The Financial Services PM team focuses on building multiple fintech solutions to meet the needs of both consumers and businesses. We shape the overall product roadmap and see our fintech solutions from end-to-end while collaborating closely with other Shopee teams.
The Risk and Compliance unit within the PM team is responsible for managing the business, AML/CFT and Information Technology risk profiles – risk identification, management and mitigation across Southeast Asia.
- As the operational risk officer, establish and oversee the implementation of operational risk policies, technology and tools, and governance processes to create solutions for minimising losses from failed internal processes, inadequate controls, emerging risks and regulatory breaches.
- Support compliance to internal policies, processes, and controls, as well as compliance to external regulations while proactively evaluating existing control environment for enhancement opportunities.
- Work effectively with business, operations, engineering, and infrastructure teams on evaluating, recommending and delivering solutions across product, AML/CFT and IT regulations.
- Manage audit/ regulatory reviews including coordination, communications, and required actions with internal auditors, external auditors, regulators and internal stakeholders as appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree or above in computer science, technology, finance, accountancy or related disciplines.
- At least 1-year experience in banking or fintech companies.
- Strong interest in Information Technology.
- Possess solid understanding on banking-related applications and technologies in terms of products and supporting services, system and business operation procedures, risk management, regulatory compliance, etc.
- For IT Risk applicants, knowledge and expertise of industry Information Security Standards and relevant certifications (CISA, CISSP or equivalent); IT audit background is a plus.
- For AML Risk applicants, knowledge and expertise of KYC, AML regulations and relevant certifications (CAMS or equivalent); Audit background is a plus.
- Strong communication skills with English proficiency; Bilingual is a plus.
- Self-driven, positive attitude and team player striving for team success.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and changes in a fast-paced environment.