The mission of Ops-Dev team is to energize Tech Ops ability and power that control and manage massive resource and traffic in a highly efficient, accurate and consistent way. The team provides productional software, intelligent engines and stable system architectures, devotes themselves to build a DevOps ecosystem to integrate all resource and tools, eliminates the gap between Ops and Dev. The main scope focuses on Global Traffic Schedule and Management Platform(NLB, ALB, GSLB, Hybrid CDN, DNS and etc), Hybrid Cloud Resource Schedule and Management Platform(Bromo, Hybrid Cloud Management, Mesos, Kubernetes, Container, PHM,VM, CICD and etc), Internal System(CMDB, SPACE, TOC and etc).
- Design and develop systems and platforms to improve the stability, scalability, security and efficiency of Shopee.
- Keep improving the utilization of resources and the performance of systems in a quantitative way.
- Keep improving the maintainability of platforms and make them easier to use. Optimize the processes and workflows in the current systems according to developers’ feedback and business requirements to reduce the learning curve.
- Use automation ways or engineering solutions to reduce manual operations and detect potential issues, achieve system self-healing in general cases.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or related fields;
- Passionate about coding and programming, innovation, and solving challenging problems;
- In-depth understanding of computer science fundamentals (data structures and algorithms, operating systems, networks, databases, etc);
- Strong and hands-on experience with at least one of the; programming languages: Go, Python, C++, Java;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to thrive under difficult and stressful situations;
- Fast learning ability and a good team player;
Skills below are optional but preferable:
- Experience with automation tools like Ansible, SaltStack
- Experience with monitoring tools like Prometheus, Zabbix, Grafana etc
- Experience with load balancing tools like LVS, Nginx, Openresty or HAProxy
- Experience with container technology such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with VM technology such as KVM, Xen, OpenStack
- Experience in design and development of large-scale distributed systems
- Experiences in middleware development, deployment, and operations
- Contributed to open-source projects