Here at Shopee, our Data Science Product Management Team aims to bring life to our products by harnessing the power of technology and data. We draw meaningful insights while curating a product roadmap from planning, researching, designing, developing and implementing new product features on the go. Coupled with solid business acumen and the ability to work cross-functionally, our team helms the data science pillar at Shopee with ease.
We strive to create data-driven products loved across the world by millions of users, every single day.
- We are looking for a seasoned Product Manager to join our Team, who is well-versed in applying data to build products that impact the lives of many. The exact scope may vary according to individuals’ expertise and preference, and are not limited to only the following:
- Spearhead and manage the product cycles of our data science products in its entirety, from planning to implementation.
- Take charge of product planning meetings and prioritization of product timelines.
- Collaborate, communicate and establish strong relationships with key stakeholders to understand business needs and technical details needed for product development.
- Coach key stakeholders, including business and technical team to build a product that enable business growth and using state of the art machine learning techniques
- Set up product requirements, roadmaps, feature designs and optimise users’ experience.
- Design and evaluate experiments that monitor vital product metrics and develop causal inference models to understand any changes in these metrics.
- Lead the product specs creation process and obtain sign-off from key stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, Statistics or other applied quantitative fields. Master Degree or MBA is a plus.
- Knowledge of machine learning model development (Strong understanding of model building and evaluation metrics is a must).
- At least 3 years of experience in data science and/or data product management.
- Display sound analytical reasoning and logical thinking abilities, as well as strong decision-making skills.
- Seamless communication skills both orally and in writing, in order to effectively communicate technical details or business requirements to all levels of stakeholders.
- A love for working in a fast-paced, agile and growth-charged environment.
- A flair for creating experimental models and implementing new metrics.
- A growth mindset to learn new skills and knowledge.
- Deep understanding and strong interest of the data products and e-commerce.