Shopee’s Regional Marketplace Operations department is constantly solving problems and introducing innovative solutions to improve platform usability and enhance end user experience for our buyers, sellers, and partners.
Our teams sit at the core of our business and collaborate with various departments to manage end-to-end e-commerce processes, and design scalable solutions to create impact across multiple markets. To do so, we deep dive into the fundamentals of each aspect and drive strategic initiatives to sharpen our policy, processes and features for greater product and operational excellence.
Regional Operations includes the teams of Customer Service, Payment, Listings, Seller Operations, Returns & Refunds, and Fraud.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Returns & Refunds team manages the solutions which facilitate a seamless experience for both buyers and sellers during the rare occasions where our buyers encounter issues with their purchases (e.g., damaged or missing products). Each member of the team is a problem solver who is passionate about serving the customer and improving the returns/refunds experience.
- Draw insights from data sets and apply data-driven methods to solve returns/refunds operational challenges.
- Define project goals and strategy to achieve an ideal returns/refunds experience.
- Collaborate with local stakeholders to refine policies and introduce initiatives to improve the returns/refunds experience.
- Lead the development of the returns/refunds feature roadmap with Product teams.
- Manage key cost drivers while negotiating the competing needs of the buyer versus seller experience.
- Ability to apply analytical thinking towards business problems.
- Strong interest in working with large data sets and problem solving. Experience/proficiency in SQL/Python is a plus.
- Passionate about identifying user pain points, process bottlenecks, or inefficiencies and designing solutions to resolve them.
- Strong desire to work on and take ownership of product-related projects to drive platform improvements, and enhance end-user experience.
- Ability to coordinate tasks across various stakeholders, manage project progress and achieve goals in a timely manner.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Understanding of topics such as CSAT (Customer Satisfaction), NPS (Net Promoter Score), or other customer satisfaction metrics is a big plus.