The mission of the Shopee Tech Ops NDRE (Network Development and Reliability Engineering) team is to ensure efficient and sustainable operation of the Shopee application network, energise Tech Ops to power and manage massive network devices and traffic. The team provides productional software systems to improve the stability and flexibility in all networking scenarios.
- Responsible for the capacity, stability, availability and serviceability of Shopee application networks and their maintenance.
- Design and develop software for Shopee application network, including SDN controlplane/dataplane, Networking Function Virtualisation, IDC network management platform and etc.
- Develop network functionalities on demand, including VPC, NAT, LB, QoS and etc.
- Investigate and apply networking acceleration technologies like, DPDK, hardware offload, P4, ebpf, RDMA and etc..
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science or related fields.
- Passionate about coding and programming, innovation, and solving challenging problems.
- Strong hands-on experience with at least one of the programming languages: Go, Python, C.
- Strong logical thinking ability.
- Understand Linux networking, familiar with at least one dataplane implementation means, like OpenVSwitch/ebpf/XDP/DPDK and etc.
- Understanding TCP/IP Stack
Skills below are optional but preferable:
- Proficient in network protocols like TCP / IP, OSPF, BGP, ISIS, MPLS VPN / TE and etc.
- Experiences in one common SDN controlplane software, like ODL, ONOS, RYU.
- Experiences in DPVS.
- Experiences in the design and development of large-scale systems and platforms.
- Contribution to open-source projects.
- Experience with network operation and maintenance.
- Presented in public technical meetings like LinuxCon, KubeCon, Open Networking Summit,etc.
- Published papers at top conferences like NSDI, SIGCOMM,etc.