We seek your understanding that priority will be given to candidates who can work from Singapore in the next few months. Due to the border restrictions in view of COVID-19, we might not be able to secure work visas for candidates who are not located in Singapore currently. Please be assured that our team is monitoring the situation closely and will revise our position according to the evolving travel/visa restrictions.
- Gather business requirements from different product functions and translate them into big data analytical problem.
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis and/or suitable visualisations on business issues
- Interpret the analytical insight into the business improvements for a better buyer browsing/purchasing experience in Shopee
- Implement the analytical insight into the business process by coordinating different functions and/or stakeholders
- Work with big data at Shopee using the Hadoop ecosystem to ensure data pipeline integrity together with our data engineers
- Design, automate and maintain mission-critical dashboards for our business units using SQL and/or Pyspark
- Background in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Applied Science or other data-analytical fields
- Resourceful problem solver and outstanding in interpersonal communications
- Experience in solving the business problems by analytical method (e.g modelling, visualization, graph analysis...)
- At least 2 years of experience in analytical roles and familiar with Python and SQL
Skills below are optional but preferable:
- Experience in implementing analytical insight and/or predictive model into the business process
- Strong passion for data analysis by taking related courses, participating DA/DS competition or developing projects in Github continuously
- Logical thinking and multi-task capability under high pressure
- Familiar with Hadoop ecosystem (Hadoop, Spark, Hive)