Order is at the core of e-commerce business. Shopee customers discover things to buy through diverse channels, but all of them converge to the same checkout process and order system. Nowadays, we process millions of orders from 7 markets on a daily basis. During campaign season, this order volume skyrockets two to five folds. And the number is growing fast. We’re a young, dedicated, and passionate team of product managers and engineers committed to building a system that is scalable and robust for such a volume, while ensuring efficient and reliable user experience for our users. We’re looking for an (experienced) product manager to join us. You’ll own a part of the order life cycle: order creation (cart, checkout), order management and order settlement. You’ll spearhead a cross-functional team to explore, execute, iterate, and deliver the best-in-class order service Shopee is positioned to build.
- Co-own product roadmap along with product lead and business sponsor and ensure alignment to all stakeholders.
- Drive quality engineering solutions and architectural designs, and strike a healthy balance between system scalability and localization.
- Lead cross-functional projects with efficient scope, timeline and stakeholder management, putting emphasis on quick iterations. Maintain and improve existing features, experiment and launch new features.
- Drive performance excellency of your product through rigorous data analysis, from measuring impact and testing hypothesis, to conceptualizing and executing features based on the data insights.
- Cultivate a team culture of excellence, commitment and ownership, mentor and lead the team to grow personally and professionally
- 3+ years’ experience in product management, preferably with prior experience in e-commerce, supply chain or financial industry, with hands-on experience in system architecture, design, deployment, monitoring, performance and scalability. Highly qualified non-product candidate with technical background WILL be considered.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience. An MBA would be highly desirable.
- Track record of product development from conception to delivery and iteration at an Internet Product Company, having “made a difference” in product quality.
- Thrives in high speed execution environments, able to prioritize and make tradeoffs by understanding short term and long term business goals.
- Care deeply about user experience and passionate about problem solving.
- Technical leadership experience: can delve into technical architectural decisions and explain tradeoffs; strong in platform thinking and can drive microservice-oriented system.
- Strong communication skills, in both persuasion and presentation; fluent in English, proficiency in one or more of the Southeast Asian languages is desirable to collaborate with counterparts in SEA region.