The PR communications team at Shopee manages Shopee’s regional external communications and media relations.
This role requires a passion for the tech industry, familiarity with the various markets where the company operates, and a sophisticated understanding of the business and media landscapes in Southeast Asia and Taiwan.
You will need to develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of Shopee’s dynamic and fast-evolving business and the industries in which we operate, and translate this understanding into creative and engaging strategies to communicate the Shopee story to our external audiences. To succeed in this role, you are willing to try new things and can manage numerous projects with tight deadlines. You need to be a self starter who can work cross-functionally with various regional and local stakeholders from PR, marketing, operations and beyond.
- Develop and lead execution of communication strategies that support Shopee’s business and branding objectives
- Identify key media topics, trends, news cycles and opportunities across the region
- Drive engagement with key regional business and tech media. Pitch and secure coverage in regional business and tech media that raises the Shopee profile and brand image among the investor and business community
- Lead issues management and crisis communications; including case investigation and research, and developing of media holding statements
- Develop a wide range of communication materials including brand messaging, media Q&As, bylines, executive business presentations and more
- 8+ years of relevant experience in corporate communications (in-house/agency)
- Demonstrated record of developing and executing media strategies, including thought leadership and corporate narrative development, crisis and risk management and senior-level media relations handling and strategy
- Strong oral and written communications skills, with experience in delivering communications materials and planning documents (memos, strategic communications plans, etc.)
- Prior experience operating at the top of organizations with regular exposure to senior decision-makers internally and externally
- Experience working with fast-growing companies in the technology sector in the Southeast Asia region will be a distinct advantage
- Passionate about internet and technology
- Ability to work collaboratively with various stakeholders and thrive in a fast-paced and