The communications team at Shopee manages Shopee’s regional and global external communications and media relations.
This role requires a passion for the tech industry, familiarity with the various markets where the company operates, and a sophisticated understanding of the business and media environments in which the company operates.
You will need to develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of Shopee’s dynamic and fast-evolving business and the industries in which we operate, and translate this understanding into creative and engaging strategies to communicate Shopee’s story to our external audiences.
- Develop and execute communications strategies for key company developments
- Develop content and messaging for Shopee, including press releases, reports, brand materials, etc
- Manage or support engagement with journalists and media regionally and globally
- Identify media trends, news cycles and key media opportunities across the region
- Coordinate with relevant teams on various communications initiatives
- Perform competitor tracking and industry trends monitoring
- Assist local teams with the development and implementation of corporate PR initiatives across the region, to achieve maximum visibility across different media platforms, including print, broadcast and online media outlets
- Prior experience in corporate communications (in-house/agency)
- Experience working with fast-growing companies in the technology sector will be a distinct advantage
- Strong writing and content generation skills
- Passionate about internet and technology
- Ability to understand nuances working with a culturally diverse workforce
- Ability to work collaboratively with various stakeholders and thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment