The communications team at Shopee manages Shopee’s regional and global external communications and media relations.
This role requires a passion for the tech industry, familiarity with the various markets where the company operates, and a sophisticated understanding of the business and media environments in which the company operates.
You will need to develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of Shopee’s dynamic and fast-evolving business and the industries in which we operate, and translate this understanding into creative and engaging strategies to communicate Shopee’s story to our external audiences.
- Work closely with Team Leads to conceptualise Corporate and Partnership communication strategies, identify industry news cycles/trends & key media opportunities to enhance brand reputation and awareness
- Play a key role in supporting full spectrum of PR initiatives, including campaign/project brief ideation, creation and execution; which includes liaising with various internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis
- Research, draft, and disseminate corporate content such as press releases, media alerts, media pitches, event invites, presentation decks, etc
- Assist local teams with the development and implementation of corporate/partnerships PR initiatives across the region, to achieve maximum visibility across different media platforms, including print, broadcast and online media outlets
- Maintain positive relations with key regional business/tech/retail/lifestyle media/journalists, draft responses for proactive + reactive media enquiries
- Support and amplify marketing functions pushes across the campaign calendar;
- Oversee the reporting and measurement of communications pushes through tracking, consolidating and analysing media coverage from various markets
- 2-4 years experience in corporate and/or consumer communications/integrated marketing communications/content marketing/brand communications (in-house/agency)
- Proven results and track record in supporting or leading PR/communications initiatives
- Experience working with fast-growing companies in the technology/FMCG/e-commerce sector will be a distinct advantage
- Excellent written + verbal communication skills; able to articulate ideas clearly
- Entrepreneurial spirit, creative and bold to propose new ways of thinking and working, being proactive and resourceful in problem-solving
- Passionate about internet and technology
- Ability to understand nuances working with a culturally diverse workforce
- Steadfast ability to collaborate seamlessly with multiple key stakeholders, manage tight timelines, and work across multiple teams;
- Meticulous with an eye for detail and strong project management skills