Regional Seller Operations sits at the intersection of strategy, data analytics and operations. The team is responsible for designing and implementing strategies, initiatives, tools and features that will help thousands of e-commerce sellers across our markets to scale their operations and grow their businesses on Shopee.
We welcome data-driven problem-solvers and hustlers to be part of our energetic team. Data is core to our work - we work with large data sets to draw insights into sellers’ behaviour, deep-dive into their pain points and measure the effectiveness of our initiatives. But more than anything, we are passionate about problem-solving and creating impact for our sellers.
What you will be doing:
- Work with large data sets to distill insights into sellers’ behaviour using advanced data analytics tools (SQL, Python Pandas, R etc).
- Conduct industry analysis into policies, tools and initiatives to identify learnings that can be adapted to our users.
- Develop a deep understanding of our sellers via face-to-face interaction with local teams and sellers. Travel is expected.
- Communicate ideas and findings in a logical and structured manner to senior management
- Conceptualize new tools and product improvements for sellers; collaborate with the Product team to translate these into business requirements and launch new products
- Project manage the rollout and adoption of initiatives and features, including coordinating testing, developing training material, reporting and tracking of impact
- Degree in STEM or other subjects with a strong analytical component. Fresh grads and experienced hires are both welcomed.
- Strong data analytical skill sets; SQL and/or Python are highly desirable.
- Interest to build broad capabilities in strategy, operations, data analytics and product design in the E-commerce industry.
- Strong problem-solving skills - able to break down problems, draw insights from complex data and design practical and scalable solutions.
- Experienced hires are expected to have strong slide-writing skills and experience with managing multiple stakeholders.
What will help to set you apart:
- Strong curiosity to understand the “whys” and “hows” and to develop the “so-what” that will shape policies, initiatives and features.
- Strong ability to learn and navigate ambiguity. This role is suitable for individuals who thrive in a fluid, fast-paced and unstructured environment. We take an iterative approach and are not afraid of taking trying and learning from mistakes.
- Self-motivated with a “can-do attitude”; proactive in finding better ways to get things done, and exhibits strong ownership of work. Our culture is fast-paced and impact-focused.