ABOUT THE TEAM
Shopee’s Regional Marketplace Operations department is constantly solving problems and introducing innovative solutions to improve platform usability and enhance end user experience for our buyers, sellers, and partners.
Our teams sit at the core of our business and collaborate with various departments to manage end-to-end e-commerce processes, and design scalable solutions to create impact across multiple markets. To do so, we deep dive into the fundamentals of each aspect and drive strategic initiatives to sharpen our policy, processes and features for greater product and operational excellence.
Regional Marketplace Operations includes the teams of Customer Service, Payment, Listings, Seller Operations, Returns & Refunds, and Fraud.
WHERE YOU COME IN
Here at Shopee, we are dedicated to maintain a secure and trusted platform to protect our business and our users’ interests.
As a Fraud Analyst, you will oversee the day-to-day fraud management and develop new techniques to detect and prevent the potential abuse of our platform. This includes defining performance metrics, analysing trends, identifying new fraud behavior and modus operandi, scaling operational workflows, and designing new tools or processes to detect and prevent dishonest practices on our platform.
A successful candidate would be a highly motivated self-starter with an innate curiosity and motivation to uncover and investigate complex fraudulent behaviors. He/she should have a strong desire for innovation to drive new capabilities, and excel in problem-solving and project management.
Your day-to-day activities:
- Identify operational and product weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes to decrease risks from fraudulent behavior.
- Investigate and forecast trends on fraudulent practices across a multitude of areas through research and analysis.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to evaluate the efficiency of existing tools, processes, and policies related to fraud management.
- Design and implement scalable measures and systems to improve fraud detection and prevention based on data insights.
- Define key performance metrics and build detailed reporting models for effective tracking, reporting, and feedback on measures implemented.
- Assess issues and recommend solutions at both strategic and tactical levels.
- Develop roadmaps and strategies on fraud management, and communicate with key stakeholders to ensure the alignment of these strategies with business objectives.
- Keen interest in fraud detection and prevention processes in the e-commerce industry.
- Strong investigative intuition and curiosity to understand the “whys” and “hows” of the ways things work.
- Passionate about developing and implementing new strategies to drive improvements.
- Detail-oriented, highly analytical, strong project management skills.
- Capacity to draw actionable insights from datasets; knowledge of SQL, Python or equivalent is a plus.
- Ability to think clearly under pressure and adapt well in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to engage with cross-functional teams and various stakeholders.
- Both experienced hires and fresh graduates are welcome to apply.