OVERALL DEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION
Shopee’s Regional Marketplace Operations department is constantly solving problems and introducing innovative solutions to improve platform usability and enhance end user experience for our buyers, sellers, and partners.
Our teams sit at the core of our business and collaborate with various departments to manage end-to-end e-commerce processes, and design scalable solutions to create impact across multiple markets. To do so, we deep dive into the fundamentals of each aspect and drive strategic initiatives to sharpen our policy, processes and features for greater product and operational excellence.
Regional Operations includes the teams of Customer Service, Payment, Listings, Seller Operations, Returns & Refunds, and Fraud.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Customer Service team is pivotal to healthy, long-term relationships between Shopee and its end users. Our advocates of customer satisfaction are always looking to perfect the customer support process so that buyers and sellers can enjoy an enhanced shopping/selling experience. With every successful interaction, it also means greater user loyalty for Shopee, contributing to our growth as an ecommerce platform.
- Identify new business requirements based on areas of improvement for existing customer service tools, programmes, and processes.
- Conduct quantitative/qualitative analysis of pain points/common issues from current regional and local customer service operations.
- Drive root cause analysis, and implement key programs and initiatives to drive improvement of customer service metrics such as contact rate, CSAT, and contact time.
- Facilitate instant and automated customer support by enhancing various tools such as chat IVR and chat bot.
- Support local customer service agents’ performance monitoring and build, maintain and improve our internal training process, systems and knowledge base.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders, including product owners, developers, and local customer service teams to deliver on customer service projects.
- Build effective data analysis models and reporting processes based on customer service data, feedback and benchmarking of industry best practices.
- Professional experience in user-centric roles/organisations with strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Highly motivated fresh graduates are also welcome.
- Ability to generate impactful insights with in-depth understanding of users’ needs on ecommerce platforms.
- Ability to view different aspects of a project from a macro perspective while having an eye for detail.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills to coordinate processes and projects involving internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in working with data, drawing insights, developing reporting templates, and devising practical data-driven solutions.
- Committed with a strong sense of ownership and ability to deliver quick and effective resolutions in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Curiosity and openness to new challenges.
- Experience/proficiency in SQL/Python is a plus.
- Understanding of topics such as CSAT (Customer Satisfaction), NPS (Net Promoter Score), or other customer satisfaction metrics is a big plus.