The role of Shopee's Regional Operations (Logistics and Warehouse) team is to deliver an excellent experience to buyers and sellers in three areas: (1) swift and accurate shipment of orders from Shopee's warehouses, (2) reliable delivery of orders by Shopee's in-house delivery team (Shopee Express) and outsourced delivery service providers, and (3) customized fulfillment options and timely order status updates served on the Shopee platform.
E-commerce fulfillment is challenging for Shopee as we deliver millions of orders daily while facing physical and transportation infrastructure constraints. Your work will help maintain Shopee's competitive advantage in this function which is of high importance to our overall business.
What you will be doing:
- Learn the following skills and knowledge to a high standard: (1) data analytics using large data sets, (2) e-commerce platform features, (3) e-commerce fulfillment operations, (4) business strategy and operations planning, (5) project management, and (6) effective communications. Your projects will often have a regional scope, giving you the opportunity to learn the unique characteristics of each market that Shopee operates in
- Examples of our projects are: (1) creating a quarterly performance report card with improvement recommendations for each outsourced delivery service provider, (2) long-term infrastructure planning for Shopee warehouses, (3) identifying buyers whose orders are late or likely to be delayed, and recommending the message to display to these buyers via the Shopee app, (4) implementing a system to measure and reduce the average distance that Shopee warehouse staff have to walk to retrieve items that have been ordered, and (5) improving buyer satisfaction with Shopee Express by identifying and coaching staff that have not followed the established process
- You will be regularly visiting interesting overseas locations to understand the details of Shopee's e-commerce fulfillment operations. These site visits and interactions with on-site staff are essential to your work because each Shopee warehouse, Shopee Express facility, and outsourced delivery service provider facility is unique in terms of size, layout, equipment, shift schedule and work processes
- We place a lot of emphasis on mentor-ship and knowledge sharing. Your managers and teammates will invest significant time to impart their skills and knowledge to you, and we expect you to do the same to help future new hires
- Proficient in data analysis using SQL and/or Python
- Strong evidence of leadership qualities and ability to deliver excellent results from relevant work experiences, co-curricular activities or internships
- Strong logical thinking skills, especially in breaking down an objective into smaller components that can be independently solved
- Excellent judgement in assessing a situation from other stakeholders' perspectives and hence recommended practical solutions
- Fluency in English and an additional SEA language is a plus to communicate with SEA market stakeholders
- Experienced hires with relevant experience in e-commerce logistics (delivery services or warehousing) will be preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication