At Shopee Search & Recommendation, we connect users to what they may want at scale. As a pillar of e-commerce discovery experience, every day, our search & recommendation engines help tens of millions of people discover relevant and interesting things among billions of products and contents available on Shopee.
To do this, we index a wide range of information, develop advanced machine learning algorithms, run scalable infrastructure, and continuously optimize the personalized experience for every single user.
We’re a young, passionate, and interdisciplinary team coming from 10+ countries, committed to creating a convenient, delightful, and intelligent discovery experience for our users, such that they can find more of what they like with less time and effort.
We’re looking for an (experienced) Product Manager to join us. You’ll spearhead a small cross-functional team to explore, execute, iterate, and deliver great search/recommendation experiences.
Your scope may vary depending on your expertise: user-facing features, ranking strategies, data mining and knowledge discovery, data integrity, operational platforms, or technical side of things such as infrastructure, algorithms, and natural language processing.
- Advocate for customers. Discover customer needs, work backward from there. Do user and market research, collect feedback from various channels, define and document product requirements.
- Drive things forward. Manage the entire product life cycle and deliver measurable impacts. Coordinate day-to-day development in incremental and iterative processes with proper plans.
- Facilitate problem-solving. Provide information, analysis, and insights to the team. Do data analysis, construct hypotheses, run experiments.
- Articulate and influence. Balance and align with cross-functional stakeholders, prioritize and focus, and help the team stay on the critical path.
- Innovate and strategize. Creatively refine and expand platform capabilities and strategies in different use cases.
- Bachelor in Computer Science, or a related applied quantitative field, or experience in lieu. Master or MBA is a plus.
- 1~2 years (junior) or 3~5 years (senior) or 5+ years (lead) of experience in the technology sector.
- 1+ years of experience in software product management. Highly qualified non-product candidates with technical backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Execution. Strong ownership, bias towards action, get things done independently.
- Analytical reasoning. Strong logical and critical thinking, solid quantitative and decision-making skills.
- Communication. Effectively communicate complex business/technical information with different audiences verbally or in writing.
- Growth. Desire to grow and learn. Work hard. Embrace challenges. Persevere. Bounce back from setbacks.
- Adaptation. Adapt to change quickly. Comfort with ambiguity. Open to feedback. Willing to try new and unfamiliar things.
- Experience in building or managing data/algorithm-driven software products is a plus.
- Experience in software engineering, especially large-scale distributed systems is a plus.
- Domain knowledge in one of the areas: search, recommendation, data analytics, statistics, machine learning, information architecture, consumer behavior is a plus.
- Experience in sizeable and fast-growing organizations or e-commerce industry is a plus.
- Speak one of the languages (optional) besides English: Indonesian, Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese, Malay, Flipino, to communicate more efficiently with teams from various markets is a plus.