About the Team
At Shopee Search & Recommendation, we connect customers to what they may want at scale. As a pillar of e-commerce discovery experience, every day our search & recommendation engines help tens of millions of people discover relevant and interesting things among billions of products and contents available on Shopee.
To do this, we index a wide range of information, develop advanced machine learning algorithms, run scalable infrastructure, and continuously optimize the personalized experience for every single customer.
We’re a young, passionate, and interdisciplinary team coming from 10+ countries, committed to creating a convenient, delightful and intelligent discovery experience for our users.
About the Role
We’re looking for an (experienced) product manager to join us. You’ll spearhead a small team to explore, execute, iterate, and deliver great search/recommendation experiences such that our users can find more of what they like with less time and effort.
Your scope may vary depending on your expertise: customer-facing features, ranking strategies, natural language processing fundamentals, knowledge discovery and representation, operational platforms, or more technical side of things such as architecture, infrastructure, and algorithms.
- Advocate for customers. Discover and understand their needs, work backwards from there. Do user and market research, collect feedback, and define requirements.
- Articulate and influence. Balance and align with cross-functional stakeholders, prioritize and focus, so that the team can stay on the critical path.
- Drive forward. Coordinate day-to-day development with incremental and iterative processes. Maintain and improve existing features, experiment and launch new features.
- Reason with numbers. Understand and leverage data, metrics, experiments, and analytics to measure impacts, test hypotheses, and make decisions.
- Innovate and strategize. Creatively refine, optimize and expand platform capabilities and strategies in different user scenarios.
- Bachelor in Computer Science, or a related applied quantitative field, or experience in lieu.
- 1~2 years (junior) or 3~5 years (senior) of experience in the technology sector.
- 1 year of experience in software product management. Highly qualified non-product candidate with technical background WILL be considered.
- Execution. Strong ownership, bias towards actions, get things done independently.
- Communication. Effectively communicate complex business/technical information with different audiences verbally or in written.
- Analytical and quantitative reasoning. Good critical thinking and data-based decision making skills.
- Adaptation. Open to feedback. Comfort with ambiguity and change. Respond to evolving priorities quickly and systematically.
- Master or MBA.
- Experience in managing data/algorithm driven software products.
- Experience in software engineering, especially large-scale distributed systems.
- Understanding of data analytics, statistics, and machine learning.
- Experience in sizeable and fast-growing organizations or e-commerce industry.
- Domain knowledge in: information retrieval / recommender systems / information architecture / consumer behavior.
- Speak one of the languages (optional) besides English: Bahasa Indonesia, Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese, in order to communicate more efficiently with teams from various markets.