Database Engineer takes care of all database servers in Shopee and help to deliver large scale applications of e-commerce. We are looking for people with a passion for database, programming, and architecture design. High-potential fresh graduates with no prior experience are welcome.
- Responsible for MySQL and other relational database administrations and management (capacity planning, installation, backup, recovery, monitoring, optimizations, troubleshooting, etc).
- Support development teams and production teams for database designs and implementations.
- Review existing system architecture and contribute to improve on the future architecture for database stability and a maximum of performance.
- Define and develop projects that reduce database operational costs and automate regular tasks.
- Research and develop new technologies and approaches for building highly available data persistence systems.
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science or related fields.
- Familiar with SQL and relational database theory and knowledges.
- 2+ years of hands-on experiences with online production MySQL database operations.
- Familiar with scripting languages (at least one of Shell/Python).
- Familiar with Linux systems, good system troubleshooting skills.
- Functional English (written and oral) communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, at critical situations under pressure as well as day-to-day operations.
- Detail oriented, agile, flexible.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities.
Skills below are optional but preferable
- Experience in system administration or development is preferred.