Since being in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we've seen tremendous growth while intentionally creating a culture where people from all backgrounds belong. Our company and products are informed by diverse perspectives from the best talent around the world. We are fully remote, have no offices, and are looking for team members who are excited to work remotely.
We closed our Series A and B in 2020, and after raising a $67.5M Series C in 2021, we are scaling faster than ever. Join us to grow your career with our rapidly growing company!
For this position, we are looking for candidates open to working between GMT -3 and GMT -8 timezones.
A Director of Implementation who will oversee and manage the entire portfolio and program of storefront implementations on Shogun Frontend. You will lead a team of Project Managers, Implementation Managers, and QA Engineers responsible for bringing our customers storefronts to life with predictable timing and high quality. You will be responsible for developing best practices and processes for merchant clients and agencies, collaborating with technical teams and GTM.
We’re looking for individuals with a track record of building and leading collaborative, problem solving teams that deliver world-class client experience. You must thrive at program building from the ground floor and naturally collaborate and solicit customer input to inform the Product and Engineering functions to continuously improve the Frontend deployment experience. You will report to the [Role] and collaborate with Sales, Product, and Engineering to ensure customer success.
In This Role You Will...
- Coordinate, manage, and measure the team. Ensure quality and efficiency. Provide direct client support where necessary. Assist in managing and controlling change.
- Hone best practices by continuously improving programs and implementing departmental procedures.
- Not only hire but build exceptional teams of Project Managers, Implementation Managers, and QA
- Master customer communication by monitoring, managing, and improving the programs and processes for storefront implementation project planning
- Drive accountability for results through quantitative and qualitative success metrics
- Provide input to top management in Client Success, Support, and Product. Assist in the development of strategic plans to iterate and improve.
- Motivate a group of committed, smart people to do the best work of their careers
- Ultimately deliver storefronts that Shogun clients love
Skills You Have
- 5+ years in high growth organizations with a start-up mentality
- Thrive in a mentor and coaching capacity
- A strong record of building out high function implementations teams
- A mix of technical and consultative skills with an analytical & process-oriented mindset
- Deep personal Integrity and a core desire to do right by the customer
- The ability to set your own objectives and drive results
- Familiarity with Ecommerce Agency and Merchant Client dynamics in technical resourcing and development
- Executive level communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally
Traits You Demonstrate
- Highly driven and entrepreneurial personality with the ability to get stuff done while maintaining attention to detail
- Desire to meet people where they are with information and context in order to bring the whole team along on the journey
- Passion for solving customer problems, big and small, and the ability to leave your ego at the door with better information
- The ability to rally people and the organization around goals. We love to see people that drive change through the team!
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with
- Remote work – We are a diverse and distributed team that uses Slack, Zoom, Notion and other tools to stay connected
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what's right over what's easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually, and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
Please refer to the position specific location requirements listed under the location section of the job description as we are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the mentioned location(s) without requiring employment visa sponsorship.