ShipWorks provides best-in-class shipping software, technology, service and support for high-volume, multicarrier shippers, selling on multiple platforms. We are led by start-up people that like solving problems and building things. Our Leadership team is engaging and understands that employees are stakeholders in strategies, objectives, targets and results. ShipWorks is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Stamps.com (Nasdaq: STMP). For more information, visit http://shipworks.com.
The Quality Assurance team ensures releases are deployed without customer impact caused by application defects. Our QA Engineers assist QA Analysts frequently in manual testing as well as work to develop test automation suites. Our work ensures that our products and services developed are of the highest level of quality. The testing suites we develop combat software defects and ensure customer satisfaction.
We work on a bi-weekly release cycle. The environment is fast paced with new features, feature changes, and bug fixes being shipped quickly. Our product is expanding rapidly creating new testing challenges and opportunities.
Our QA team is small and there are opportunities to gain testing experience across multiple areas in our product and to grow into a role.
The Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for analyzing and testing our software, ensuring that design specifications are being met and can support our customer’s needs. This role reports directly to the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Develop, manage, and execute Quality Assurance testing suites
- Diagnose, troubleshoot , and perform root cause analysis
- Participate and support the project planning process
- Manage and execute public deployments
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Position Duties (typical monthly, weekly, daily tasks which support the primary objectives):
- Design, architect, automate, and maintain test suites for client and server-side application components and APIs
- Participate in code and design reviews
- Lead test automation efforts using a variety of tools and applications
- Perform functional, performance, and load testing as well as usability analysis and system automation
- Work with team members to create and execute detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Engage in project planning, scheduling, and status updates
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and document application defects
Required Education and/or Experience:
- BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent years of relevant work experience
- At least Four or more (4+) years of QA Engineering or software development experience
- Four (4+) years of experience with software testing
- Two (2+) years of experience testing Windows applications
- Areas of technical knowledge used in this role include C#, SQL queries, Java, Groovy, XML, JSON, HTML, Microsoft SQL Server, Git, JMeter, Jenkins, Python, Selenium, AWS: Lambda, S3, DynamoDB, CloudWatch, Code Build
- Experience with JMeter, Postman, or other tools for testing APIs
- Experience automating tests for GUI applications in a Windows environment
- Proficient with version control systems such as Git
- Experience with automating tests for Web UI with Selenium webdrivers and Specflow
- Thorough understanding of white/black box, integration, system, manual, and regression testing
- Understanding of project management tools such as Jira
- Strong foundation in general QA concepts and techniques with a thorough understanding of white/black box, integration, system, manual, and regression testing
- Experience in load and stress testing methodologies
- Experience with Sikuli for Windows application automation is a plus
- Experience with AWS: Lambda, S3, DynamoDB, CloudWatch, Code Build is a plus
- Understanding of continuous integration tools/frameworks; experience with Jenkins is a plus
Skills and Knowledge:
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Functions well in a team environment, both in person and remotely
- Detail oriented with strong organization skills
- Self starter with strong work ethic and excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize work
- Curious and driven with a problem-solving approach
- Customer and product-focused
- C#, SQL queries, Java, Groovy, XML, JSON, HTML, Microsoft SQL Server, Git, JMeter, Jenkins, Python, Selenium, AWS: Lambda, S3, DynamoDB, CloudWatch, Code Build
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled