The Auctane Engineering Operations team is empowered with providing a world class software production system. This team ensures that our customers experience a fast and reliable system and provides our engineering teams with the tools to deploy, monitor, and maintain our production systems.
The Senior Software Engineer to our team to help us provide real-time solutions for our customers when they need it the most. This role will function as a core member of our software engineering organization working within a cross-functional team to enhance, modify, and add functionality to our software platform and will report to the Manager, Software Development.
- Be an active contributor during design and implementation phases of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Apply software engineering best practices while modifying/enhancing our software platform.
- Attend and contribute to design review meetings
- Offering input into the designs of product enhancements and third party integrations and documenting designs
- Actively documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Collaborate with other members of the software engineering team to develop shipping software products
- Working closely with other developers and product managers throughout the SDLC
- Being responsible for the design and implementation of new product features and enhancements with guidance and input from other team members
- Writing unit tests to support any source code changes made by this individual, performing code reviews, and related activities that contribute to development and maintenance of the ShipWorks software.
- Constructively engage with team members and management through open and active communication channels when problem solving and developing solutions, recommending changes in policies, procedures, and tooling.
- Produce specifications as needed to determine operational feasibility and convey ROI projections of proposed solutions
- Provide feedback to the team on product improvement ideas
- Organize/catalog common problems and other pain points encountered by customers as well as ideas regarding improvements to common processes/workflows of ShipWorks users. These artifacts will ultimately serve as a starting point for conversations with product management in terms of needs and prioritization.
- Mentor to other members of the team
- Active learner to update/improve job knowledge and share learnings with other team members by studying new development tools, programming techniques, and computing paradigms and reading professional publications.
- Supports and develops team members by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- Leads by example through consistent actions and behaviors conducive to meeting business and organizational commitments/goals.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math or equivalent years of relevant work experience
- At least seven (7) years of experience in a software development role, preferably within the eCommerce or shipping software industries.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Thorough understanding of C#/.NET, Node/JS, or comparable stacks
- Proven experience and thorough understanding of ReactJS
- Experience in an Agile software development environment
- Understanding of advanced object oriented design and SOLID design principles with strong design/architecture instincts
- Experiencing with UML (class diagrams, sequence diagrams, etc.) and other modeling techniques to communicate architecture and design concepts
- Strong experience with creating and maintaining automated unit tests and integration tests in a test-driven development environment
- Strong understanding of SQL, relational database systems (SQL Server and PostgreSQL), and ORM frameworks
- AWS (Lambda, SQS, RDS, EC2)
- Messaging (SQS, MSMQ, RabbitMQ, etc.)
- Experience building large, distributed systems
- Exceptional communication skills
- Detail oriented with strong organization skills
- Proven experience in Domain Driven Design a plus
- Curious and driven with a problem-solving approach
- Demonstrates strong communication and team skills including the ability to work with people possessing a variety of skill sets
- Familiarity with shipping and/or shipping software is a plus
- Displays a high degree of professionalism and contributes to the credibility of the company
- Can be productive and self-motivated in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment
- Uses time efficiently, possesses a solid work ethic and customer-focus
- Acts with a sense of urgency, especially where customer impact and/or delays to shipping exists
- High degree of intellectual curiosity and a thirst for knowledge – we’re always looking for ways to improve our processes while continuing to produce high quality solutions for our customers
- Windows Server, C#, C, XML, XSL, HTML, PHP, ASP.NET, and SQL Server and SQL queries.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled