Every day, the complex challenges of global shipping and logistics bring growing pains that fast-growing online brands struggle to negotiate. Getting products into the hands of customers quickly and affordably is a challenge for most. At Auctane, we serve and champion these merchants every day. Our software stack solves shipping and logistics problems that arise as merchants scale, so they can focus their time, energy, and resources on what matters most.
Auctane is a team of shipping and software experts with a passion for helping merchants move their ideas, dreams and innovations around the globe. The Auctane family includes ShipStation, ShipWorks, ShipEngine, ShippingEasy, Stamps, Endicia, Metapack, Shipsi, GlobalPost, and Packlink. Our partners include Amazon, UPS, USPS, eBay, BigCommerce, Shopify, WooCommerce, and Walmart.
At ShipStation, tens of thousands of online retailers rely us to solve the day-to-day challenges of managing orders and processing shipments on a daily basis. The trusted leader in delivery management software since its founding in 2011, ShipStation helps online sellers scale their businesses and deliver exceptional customer experiences, through an intuitive SaaS platform, that allows them to efficiently ship orders, wherever they sell and however they deliver.
ShipStation provides a multi-channel, multi-carrier delivery management platform, offering the most integrations of any ecommerce solution, with more than 300 partnerships with leading ecommerce platforms, marketplaces, carriers and fulfilment services, including Royal Mail, DPD, FedEx, Hermes, UPS, Amazon, eBay, Magento, Shopify and BigCommerce.
Are you the one?
Do you live and breathe engineering in all of its aspects? If you can see yourself both inspiring / mentoring those around you and thriving in your code, then this is the perfect opportunity for you to drive a dynamic engineering team in a growing company.
The Packlink Engineering Management team is looking to incorporate Engineering Managers to help our talented Software Engineers unlock their potential, both personally and professionally.
You will bring excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to this role, working with talented people in an effort to understand their needs and help them progress in their careers.
The Engineering Manager role is a combination of the technical expertise of a software engineer with additional responsibility around the happiness and productivity of a cross-functional team. You’ll expect to be a people, process, and technical leader for the team. You'll not only lead and mentor one of these teams but also you’ll have the chance to actively participate in developing fancy solutions.
Your team will be made up of software engineers and QA software engineers working in concert with a Product Manager.
What you’ll find is
- Tons of microservices, with more than 60 in production
- Up to 16K requests per minute... are you up for the challenge?
- Event oriented architecture
- An awesome design system for creating a product with more consistent user experiences
- DevOps mentality
- A great QA Assistant approach
- A growing team in a fast-paced environment
- A company with more than 15 nationalities.
- Last but not least, great people to work with ;)
What you'll be doing
- You’ll find the perfect balance between code and management. It doesn’t matter if you’re in an early management stage of your career
- Working within the Engineering Management Team, reporting directly to Senior Engineering Managers
- Contributing key elements to take the team to the next level;
- Conducting regular 1:1 meetings with the people you manage, giving and receiving feedback;
- Coaching and mentoring, executing best practices;
- Helping individuals determine the best way to reach their professional goals;
- Managing performance and providing useful, timely feedback;
- Guiding engineers to the right training courses, conferences, and potential stretch projects;
- Coordinating with other Engineering Managers to maintain common strategies and goals regarding people growth;
- Contributing to management best practices that help us become an exceptional workplace for the ambitious, highly motivated people we hire;
- Participating in hiring processes and in decision making about new candidates;
- Collaborating cross-functionally with business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions;
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices
- Maintaining a supportive and engaging team culture;
- Leading by example, actively advocating for high-quality, well-tested code.
What we are looking for
- Experience programming in a professional environment, it doesn’t matter if you’re more into Backend, Frontend, QA or Cloud
- Demonstrated talent as a mentor and leader. We bet you still remember the last time you helped someone achieve their career goals and also an interesting story about shipping great software on time and on budget.
- Strong technical skills that will allow you to contribute new fresh ideas in order to make good technical decisions, provide technical feedback to your team through code reviews, and write code alongside your teammates.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, proactive, self-sufficient, but also team-oriented.
- Highly communicative, you’re able to work with multiple teams: internal and external team members, clients and providers.
- We are an international company, fluency with both written and spoken English and Spanish
- It would be valuable to have a degree in Computer Science or a related technical/scientific discipline.
It would be great if you have
Depending on your background:
- If backend: Solid experience with Java >8 and it’s functional bits. Knowledge/ experience with Scala is a big plus.
- If QA: Hands-on experience in a web automation project with Selenium WebDriver or similar automation frameworks
- If Cloud: Wide experience with Docker, Consul, RabbitMQ and other cloud-enabling technologies. Our infrastructure is deployed in GCP but if you have experience in AWS or Azure will be good too.
- Experience with microservices (or distributed systems) architecture is a plus.
- Have worked in a scale-up environment.
- Have experience working in a remote-first setup.
What we offer
- ✔️ Competitive salary package. We’re looking for the right person. Annual salary offer: 60,000€ - 75,000€
- 💰 Stock options
- 📙 Personal Training Budget. Up to 2000€/year training budget (certifications, conferences attendance…) for investing in your professional development. We want to help you to improve your technical skills, feel involved in the tech community, and develop your soft skills to lead teams or manage other stakeholders.
- 🗺️ Languages classes every week. Thirsty of knowledge? Learn a new language by joining our free English/Spanish/French classes. In groups of 4-5 people, you can connect and enjoy taking up a new language or improving your current skills with one of our great instructors.
- 📈 Engineering Career Path. A career growth plan, created by engineers for engineers. You can check it in our blog (https://medium.com/packlinkeng/the-path-to-our-career-path-8781e4565ae3)
- 📖 Learning weekly initiatives. Share is caring, join us for our weekly Learning Meetings. Be the driver or the attendant, you choose!
- 💬 Be an active part of the tech community. Opportunity to attend and participate in local and international technological events. We are doing cool things and we feel really proud to share them!
- 🏠 We are a remote-first company All team members at ShipStation and Packlink in Spain are remote employees. After COVID, you can decide if you want to work in the office 2 days a week or 3 days per quarter—it's up to you. We also cover your expenses for working from home (50€ per month/600€ per year).
- 💻 Everything you need to work from home. Whether you prefer Mac, Linux, or Windows (or an additional screen or two), we set you up for success when working remotely.
- Referral Fee 🔗 We need your support in hiring top-class talent! We offer a referral bonus of 1k-3K, depending on the complexity of the role and the hiring process.
- 🏐 Health and Wellness: The well-being of our team is super important to us. Choose from different options that help you focus on your health:
- Gym membership or exercise classes (pilates, kick-boxing, etc.)—we’re happy to cover the cost!
- If you prefer private health insurance, we offer a great plan courtesy of our partner Alan.
- Last but not least, we have psychological assistance free of charge.
- 🎂 Enjoy your Birthday Take your birthday off to celebrate!
- ⚖️ Great work-life balance We offer a flexible work schedule and will do our best to adapt to your personal situation. Working in a fast-paced environment can be intense, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t enjoy your free time!
- 💜 An inclusive and upbeat work environment Leave your suit behind... we’re a t-shirt and converse kind of place! More importantly, our company culture promotes diversity and inclusion. The personality and opinions of each of our team members are important and valid, and we aim to offer all employees a safe environment where they can be themselves and thrive.
- 🌍 A cross-cultural atmosphere We are a truly international team of 15 nationalities that speak 10 languages. Our company language is English and all internal communication and company-wide meetings are in English.
- 🏟️ Company events Work hard, play hard! We do our best every day, even at our regular team-building events. Everything is currently remote, but we’re looking forward to organising in-person company events once again soon!
- 💰 Flexible Salary We work with a flexible compensation plan for transport, restaurants, and kindergarten so our employees can save on personal income tax.
If you are passionate about using technology to solve business problems, enjoy helping customers, and have excellent communication skills, then we want you to join us.
If you are also interested in being part of an Austin-based SaaS software start-up, that is loved by its customers and expanding throughout Europe, take a moment to apply!