Every day, the complex challenges of global shipping and logistics bring growing pains that fast-growing online brands struggle to negotiate. Getting products into the hands of customers quickly and affordably is a challenge for most. At Auctane, we serve and champion these merchants every day. Our software stack solves shipping and logistics problems that arise as merchants scale, so they can focus their time, energy, and resources on what matters most.
Auctane is a team of shipping and software experts with a passion for helping merchants move their ideas, dreams and innovations around the globe. The Auctane family includes ShipStation, ShipWorks, ShipEngine, ShippingEasy, Stamps, Endicia, Metapack, Shipsi, GlobalPost, and Packlink. Our partners include Amazon, UPS, USPS, eBay, BigCommerce, Shopify, WooCommerce, and Walmart.
ShippingEasy is one of Auctane’s go to market brands that is focused on building an e-commerce platform that helps small to medium sized businesses (SMBs) succeed. Our mission is to always put the merchant first, make the shipping process as easy as possible for them so that they can focus on the fun parts of building their e-commerce business. We are a close knit team that values open communication, building a good team culture and focusing on keeping each other accountable to build out the best user experience in our product. You will be part of a team of product managers focused on ShippingEasy.
The Product Manager plays a crucial role in aligning product strategy with the business objectives of Auctane along with building trust and a team dynamic necessary for a productive team. E-commerce, logistics and shipping can be very complicated. It is the job of the product manager of ShippingEasy to simplify these processes and build out a user experience that is intuitive and easy on a very powerful platform. ShippingEasy strategically is meant to be the single platform for SMBs to go to for their fulfillment, inventory, customer marketing and tracking. The Product Manager will collaborate closely with designers, other product managers, engineers, analysts, data scientists, senior management, customers, partners, and other cross-functional team members to propose, ship, and refine products while achieving business objectives. You will have ownership over your product lanes, a dedicated engineering team and designer to help you achieve those goals and a leadership team to help align those objectives and provide guidance as needed.
- Translate vision, strategy, and roadmap into clear value propositions.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders for product requirements.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships.
- Prioritize the backlog of features and bugs.
- Ability to create use cases in order to define new features and measure outcomes.
- Monitor ongoing performance of features.
- Participate and help lead scrum processes such as backlog grooming and sprint planning.
Qualifications - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Position Duties (typical monthly, weekly, daily tasks which support the primary objectives):
- Translate vision and strategy into clear value propositions to create product requirements and specifications that can be communicated to operations, engineering, QA, and other cross-functional teams.
- Create product designs and specifications.
- Manage gathering business and technical requirements from external and internal stakeholders including product managers, marketing, business development, QA, pricing, finance, customers and software related technical resources.
- Advocate for the customer and improve the user experience in the definition of innovative solutions.
- Work with operation teams, development teams, project managers, and QA engineers throughout the product development, testing, and implementation phases to ensure feature integrity.
- Drive new feature development working side-by-side with product managers, engineers, and QA.
- Manage the product development life cycle to support product releases on a regular basis.
- Manage numerous projects from inception through launch.
- Contribute to the overall Product Vision and Roadmap.
- Advocate for features that will help drive the business strategy and vision.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent years of experience.
- 3 or more (3+) years of relevant product management experience.
- Experience partnering with engineering and design to define, build, and maintain products which are critical to growth, engagement, and retention.
- Professional experience with eCommerce and shipping carriers is preferred.
- B2B product experience is preferred.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to narrate a story for what problem you’re solving for and the vision you’re going after, combined with the capacity to dive into minute details.
- Focus and passion for building great UI and UX
- Familiarity with the concepts of design thinking and how rapid prototyping works.
- Strong focus on customers – you find a great deal of satisfaction in knowing users, who they are and what they do, but most importantly, why they do the things they do.
- Proven ability and track record with developing and maintaining collaborative relationships.
- Exceptional decision-making skills – (Given limited resources, how do you prioritize across needs?).
- Strong understanding of the leading solutions and providers of eCommerce.
- Proven track record of launching new features and functionality.
- Able to communicate effectively, develop compelling recommendations, and inspire team members, cross-functional partners, and executives.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to understand our market and products.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Exceptional analytical and fact-based problem-solving skills.
- Excellent presentation skills, including developing presentation content and public speaking.
- Approx. 5% - This role may require periodic domestic travel to subsidiary companies and partner meetings.
Team Member Success Factors:
Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively, listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings; writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
Solution-Focused - Views a problem or challenge as an opportunity for learning; actively searches for solutions using all available resources.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Cost Consciousness with Quality Focus - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources; understands how to balance cost consciousness with quality focus; ensures quality of service and product at all levels.
Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
Kaizen - Continually looks for ways to improve process, customer satisfaction, quality of product, personal achievement, team achievement, and company overall; does not accept “status quo” as a default.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled