The Data & Analytics team is responsible for delivering accurate data on business performance & actionable insights to partners across the Auctane e-commerce products, our parent company (Stamps.com) and external partners. These responsibilities are delivered through the analysis of internal & external datasets and recommending (and when applicable, implementing) actions to drive desired business outcomes. In addition, the Data & Analytics teams partners with stakeholders from across the business to deliver both standardized & ad-hoc reporting, analysis & insights to drive business decisions.
The Principal Business Analyst is responsible for delivering analysis and recommendations across internal, partner, & external datasets to ensure Auctane & partner goals around revenue, volume and acquisition will be achieved. The deliverables from these analyses will be primarily in the form of proposed partner contract terms, opportunities to further optimize partner relationships, follow ups to partner questions, and proposed merchant pricing of partner products (when applicable). Further, this role will recommend to the organization decisions between two or more partners that is in the best interest of Auctane across financial and strategic reasons. Finally, the Principal Business Analyst will partner with the rest of the Data & Analytics team in assisting the organization in effectively using data to drive decisions, enhancing the data assets within the company as well as helping raise the analytical capabilities of their partners and peers.
- Deliver analysis and recommendations across internal, partner, & external datasets to ensure Auctane & partner goals around revenue, volume and acquisition will be achieved.
- Deliver ad-hoc analysis and investigations based on Auctane Business Development Team and External Partner request to clarify questions and identify opportunities.
- Recommend strategic decisions across multiple partners to achieve financial and strategic goals.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders across Business Development, Finance, Marketing, Sales, Product, and Accounting to understand the business and develop strategic and operational data driven insights.
- Formulate insights on specific prospect populations and business tactics across Sales, Marketing, and Product.
- Participate in and sometimes lead all phases of analytic work to drive the business: from problem definition to representation of results.
Qualifications - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Position Duties: (typical monthly, weekly, daily tasks which support the primary objectives)
- Support the delivery of partner performance reporting for delivery to Auctane Finance, Business Development, Strategy and External partner teams.
- Analyze internal & external data sets to assess the impact on the business of potential new relationships as well changes to existing relationships and recommend steps forward.
- Be the point person for ad-hoc requests and clarifications from internal teams (primarily Business Development and Finance) as well as External Partners.
- Leverage internal & external historical data and predictive models to identify key historical factors that impact key KPIs and recommend actions to drive future performance.
- Help define, implement, and support key data feeds from internal systems as well as from external partners that are necessary for the measurement of business performance and key KPIs.
- Demonstrates ability to think big and produce innovative and simple solutions to solve complex problems.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years’ experience.
- Eight or more (8+) years relevant work experience.
- Eight or more (8+) years’ experience in relational database concepts with an expert knowledge of SQL.
- Five or more (5+) years of experience managing and developing business intelligence solutions, such as Tableau, Looker, or Sisense for Cloud Data Teams
- Experience designing and creating dashboards for use by Executives and Analysts.
- Experience in a fast paced, startup environment.
- Strong track record of learning new tools, technologies, and frameworks.
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
- Proficiency with data analysis programming languages such as Python or R
- Able to clean and analyze external data using tools like Python and Pandas.
- Experience with Git
- Proficiency with data modeling layers (dbt, Dataform) and data orchestration tools (dbt Cloud, Airflow, Prefect)
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong eye for detail and a passion for quickly delivering results for rapid action.
- Comfortable working in a highly collaborative, consensus-oriented environment.
- Excellent written, verbal, scientific communication and time management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience, as well as the ability to design and deploy clear reporting assets
- Ability to work cross functionally to collaboratively understand and deliver on business needs
- Passion for customers and experience in eCommerce
- Able to balance fun & positive working relationships with the need to have direct conversations around business performance
- High proficiency with SQL
- Python and Pandas
- Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau, Looker, Mode Analytics or Sisense for Cloud Data teams
- Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
Additional Position Duties: (The following is a list of what all employees, except those with medical accommodation, may be regularly required to do.)
- Sit for prolonged periods of time
- Utilize wrist and hands for a prolonged period of time
- Walk short distances
- Stand for short periods
- Speaking and conversing with others
- Lift up to 25lbs without assistance up to chest height
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled