The Auctane QA team is responsible for ensuring the quality of the software released to our customers. We accomplish this goal through a mix of manual and automated testing. Members of the team are spread across our different brands and teams within those brands. Members work with Developers, Development Leads, and Product Managers to plan, document, and execute testing of software changes.
The Quality Assurance Engineer - Frontend is responsible for developing and maintaining QA processes and documentation. This includes writing test plans, test cases, and documenting testing on individual tickets. This also includes developing automated tests and QA tools to help facilitate testing. Finally, they are expected to work with minimal supervision and to help other members of the QA team with their testing assignments.
- Work with Development and Product Management to ensure software quality.
- Write and maintain QA documentation.
- Write and maintain QA Automation.
- Look for and report areas of software development process improvement.
- Help other QA members.
Qualifications - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Position Duties: (typical monthly, weekly, daily tasks which support the primary objectives)
- Work with Development and Product Management.
- Plan and execute testing of software changes
- Research issues discovered in test or production environments.
- Make recommendations for development process improvements.
- Document testing on individual tickets (epics, tasks, bugs, etc).
- Write and maintain manual test cases.
- Write and maintain test plans.
- Create and maintain automated tests.
- Create and maintain test tools.
- Assist other QA team members with testing changes.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years (2) of relevant work experience.
- Two or more years (2+) of experience in a QA Engineering role with proven progression
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
- Experience using a test case management system to write and maintain test cases and test plans (Test Rail)
- Experience writing tests in test automation frameworks (Jest and Puppeteer)
- Experience testing web applications
- Experience testing 3rd party integrations
- Experience testing eCommerce
- Experience testing web APIs
- Experience writing and maintaining QA documentation
- Experience writing and maintaining QA automation
Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of QA Process
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Ability to clearly communicate
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Jira for work tracking
- js applications
- C# .NET web applications
- Team City
- Octo Deploy
- Git Hub
Additional Position Duties: - (The following is a list of what all employees, except those with medical accommodation, may be regularly required to do.)
- Sit for prolonged periods of time
- Utilize wrist and hands for a prolonged period of time
- Walk short distances
- Stand for short periods
- Speaking and conversing with others
- Lift up to 25lbs without assistance up to chest height
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled