The Associate Software Engineer helps us provide real-time solutions for our customers when they need it the most. This role will function as a core member of our software engineering organization working within a cross-functional team to enhance, modify, and add functionality to our software platform and will report to the Director of Engineering.
- Be an active contributor during design and implementation phases of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Apply software engineering best practices while modifying/enhancing our software platform.
- Attend and contribute to design review meetings
- Offering input into the designs of product enhancements and third party integrations and documenting designs
- Actively documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Collaborate with other members of the software engineering team to develop shipping software products
- Working closely with other developers and product managers throughout the SDLC
- Being responsible for the implementation of new product features and enhancements with guidance and input from other team members
- Writing tests to support any source code changes made by this individual, performing code reviews, and related activities that contribute to development and maintenance of the Auctane software.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information System, or equivalent years of relevant work experience
- One to Three years of experience in software development role, preferably within the eCommerce or shipping software industries.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Exceptional communication skills
- Detail oriented with strong organization skills
- Proven ability to prioritize work
- Curious and driven with a problem-solving approach
- Experience in an Agile software development environment
- Understanding of object oriented design and SOLID design principles
- Experience with source control systems and branching strategies
- Strong understanding of SQL, relational database systems, and ORM frameworks
- Demonstrates strong communication and team skills
- Familiarity with shipping and/or shipping software is a plus
- Can be productive and self-motivated in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment
- Uses time efficiently, possesses a solid work ethic and customer-focus
- Acts with a sense of urgency, especially where customer impact and/or delays to shipping exists
- High degree of intellectual curiosity and a thirst for knowledge - we're always looking for ways to improve our processes while continuing to produce high quality solutions for our customers
Competitive pay, 401k with company match, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Educational Reimbursement, Commuter benefits, Discount programs, Inventor patent bonuses
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled