This position supports two different groups tackling different business domains. While primarily dedicated to one of these groups, there will be occasional opportunities to work on features across both domains.
The Product Inventory team is responsible for building components and services related to inventory and product catalog management, powering other services and products across the Auctane family of offerings.
The Consumer Services team builds features that target our merchants’ customer base, such as branded order tracking and branded returns portals. These services are consumed and offered through the various Auctane go-to-market applications, such as ShipStation, ShippingEasy and Shipworks and Stamps.com.
As a Software Engineer, Frontend and member of the Product Inventory Services / Consumer Services team, this individual is responsible for the research and planning, development, implementation and maintenance of applications and UI components written primarily in Typescript and React.
- Responsible for the research and planning, development, implementation, testing, utilization, monitoring, and administration of applications and new UI components, primarily written in React and Typescript.
- Responsible for the maintenance, monitoring, and administration of existing UI components, primarily written in React and Typescript.
- Responsible for the security, integrity, efficiency and documentation of the applications and UI components.
- Contribute to not only the specific team’s applications (such as Branded Tracking or Branded Returns), but also to a department-wide set of shared React components, reusable by our Go-to-market teams.
Qualifications - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Position Duties (typical monthly, weekly, daily tasks which support the primary objectives):
- Successfully synthesize product requirements into actionable technical implementations.
- Write Unit / Integration tests to allow for embedding in Continuous Integration service.
Additional Position Duties: (The following is a list of what all employees, except those with medical accommodation, may be regularly required to do.)
- Sit for prolonged periods of time
- Utilize wrist and hands for a prolonged period of time
- Walk short distances
- Stand for short periods
- Speaking and conversing with others
- Lift up to 25lbs without assistance up to chest height
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent years’ experience.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills, fast learner, hardworking and good team player.
- Understanding of fundamental UX and UI design principles.
- Proficiency in Git, JIRA and CI systems
- Solid knowledge of the following technologies:
- Knowledge of React
- Knowledge of Typescript
- Serverless technologies
- Not required, but preferred:
- Serverless technologies
- Knowledge of Ruby
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled