The Auctane QA team is responsible for ensuring the quality of the software released to our customers. We accomplish this goal through a mix of manual and automated testing. Members of the team are spread across our different brands and teams within those brands. Members work with Developers, Development Leads, and Product Managers to plan, document, and execute testing of software changes.
The Quality Assurance Lead Engineer is responsible for developing and maintaining QA processes and documentation. This includes writing test plans, test cases, and documenting testing on individual tickets. This also includes developing automated tests and QA tools to help facilitate testing. They are responsible for representing QA at lead and manager levels, helping with road map testing, and managing QA Engineers workloads.
- Work with Development and Product Management to ensure software quality
- Write and maintain QA documentation
- Write and maintain QA Automation
- Look for opportunities to improve QA processes
- Look for and report areas of software development process improvement
- Help other QA members
Qualifications - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Position Duties (typical monthly, weekly, daily tasks which support the primary objectives):
- Work with Development and Product Management
- Plan and execute testing of software changes
- Research issues discovered in test or production environments
- Make recommendations for development process improvements
- Develop QA reporting
- Document testing on individual tickets (epics, tasks, bugs, etc)
- Write and maintain manual test cases
- Write and maintain test plans
- Create and maintain automated tests
- Create and maintain test tools
- QA process
- Writing/Maintaining QA tools
- Writing/Maintaining automation
- Assist other QA team members with testing changes
- Mentor less experienced QA teams members with
Additional Position Duties:
- Sit for prolonged periods of time
- Utilize wrist and hands for a prolonged period of time
- Walk short distances
- Stand for short periods
Speaking and conversing with others
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more (6+) years of experience in a QA Engineering role with proven progression.
- Experience testing React.js applications.
- Experience testing C# .NET web applications.
- Experience testing web applications.
- Experience testing 3rd party integrations.
- Experience testing eCommerce.
- Experience testing web apis.
- Experience writing and maintaining QA documentation.
- Experience writing and maintaining QA automation.
- Experience directing others testing.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of QA Process.
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Knowledge using a test case management system to write and maintain test cases and test plans.
- Knowledge writing tests in test automation frameworks.
- Ability to clearly communicate.
- Ability to facilitate a strong work ethic with team members.
- C# and .NET web applications
- Team City
- Octo Deploy
- Git Hub
- Jest and Puppeteer preferred
- Test Rail preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled