Every day, the complex challenges of global shipping and logistics bring growing pains that fast-growing online brands struggle to negotiate. Getting products into the hands of customers quickly and affordably is a challenge for most. At Auctane, we serve and champion these merchants every day. Our software stack solves shipping and logistics problems that arise as merchants scale, so they can focus their time, energy, and resources on what matters most.
Auctane is a team of shipping and software experts with a passion for helping merchants move their ideas, dreams and innovations around the globe. The Auctane family includes ShipStation, ShipWorks, ShipEngine, and ShippingEasy. Our partners include Amazon, UPS, USPS, eBay, BigCommerce, Shopify, WooCommerce, and Walmart.
A wholly-owned subsidiary of Stamps.com (Nasdaq: STMP), Auctane is headquartered in Austin, TX, with offices in St. Louis, London, and Sydney.
The Auctane DevOps team is responsible for finding the right tools and processes required to build an efficient and effective automated environment for the engineering team. In addition, a heavy emphasis is placed on automating infrastructure, CI/CD, and various other processes. The team is constantly looking at new technologies that will help us with faster delivery of features, enhance observability and improve the quality of life in the engineering organization.
As a Sr. DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for collaborating with the Software Engineering and QA teams to facilitate the deployment of applications to development and production environments.
- Provision, configure, and maintain cloud resources including server instances/containers, load balancers, security groups, DNS zones, and SSL certificates.
- Troubleshoot issues relating to infrastructure as they arise, which often necessitates viewing logs, metrics, and sometimes working directly with application developers.
- Manage and maintain development and production systems by performing periodic updates and applying security patches in a timely manner.
- Design and maintain operations and application CI/CD build pipelines.
- Facilitate system uptime by ensuring proper monitoring is in place and responding to alerts with corrective action. Periodically review monitoring and recurrent issues to prevent alert fatigue.
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation to ensure high availability of production systems.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 4+ years working in a DevOps or similar role.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience managing and configuring AWS services including EC2, ELB, Autoscaling, S3, Route53, SQS, IAM, RDS, ElastiCache, Cloudwatch, and EKS. Experience working across multiple AWS regions and accounts is a plus.
- Experience creating/managing infrastructure as code using tools such as Terraform, Cloudformation, and Packer.
- Experience with creating and maintaining multiple Kubernetes clusters in a production environment, preferably with EKS
- Experience with Kubernetes applications and concepts, such as cluster autoscaling, external DNS, Ingress (NGINX or ALB), and Helm/Helmfile as a means of deploying applications.
- Able to automate processes by authoring and executing scripts in Python, BASH, Ruby, Powershell, etc.
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools such as NewRelic, Datadog, Sumologic, Elasticsearch, etc.
- Experience with managing source code repositories, including branching and merging of code.
- Experience deploying applications in Kubernetes and Linux environments.
- Experience with build and deployment tools such as TeamCity, Octopus, Buildkite, or similar.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with people with a variety of skill sets.
Travel Requirements (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled