The ShipStation Marketing Team supports the organization brand by creating short- and long-term goals, determining budgets for paid programs and strategies, being the marketing advocates for the brand and products within our responsibility, and being the voice of that brand external-facing.
The Associate Brand Manager is responsible for assisting with the development and implementation of various marketing activities and brand strategies to create awareness and support direct customer acquisition. The role will be focused on the US and Canadian market for the ShipStation brand.
- Brand Strategy & Awareness
- New Customer Acquisition
- General Duties
Qualifications - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Position Duties (typical monthly, weekly, daily tasks):
1. Brand Strategy & Awareness
- Identify and develop relationships with key industry experts, partners, and websites to raise the profile of ShipStation in the market.
- Work with Auctane Marketing team (ATX) to build new and refine existing content and assets for local market relevance, e.g. blogs, sponsored emails, etc.
- Work with Auctane Product Marketing to build awareness of our key USPs in the market to drive traffic and adoption of new and existing features.
2. New Customer Acquisition
- Work with the Auctane performance marketing team (ATX) to advise on local cultural and language requirements for online activities, e.g. paid search, paid social, landing pages, etc.
- Identify key promotional online and offline channels for building awareness in the market and generating new leads.
- Work with the Auctane marketing team (ATX) to create and execute a calendar of activities that drive increased trial signups and activations.
- Work with the business development and partner integration teams to stay in the loop in terms of potential and new partnerships and have a deep knowledge of how these partnerships will be most beneficial to current and potential ShipStation users.
- Work with sales and support teams to discuss ways to strengthen existing partnerships and champion all marketing initiative
3. General Duties
- Testing / Optimization: Continually strive for better results. Test and optimize all efforts. Question status-quo. Learn from and apply learnings from other sources beyond our efforts. Ensure we are making data-driven decisions.
- Reporting and Analytics: Deep understanding of the numbers behind our efforts. Think of reporting and analytics as an integral part of the planning and implementation of all campaigns. Develop and maintain dashboard(s) to allow for easy sharing as well as actionable use. Understand the difference between interesting and actionable information.
- Teamwork: Work closely with the rest of the marketing team to get support for your efforts as well as support their efforts.
- Ad hoc duties/responsibilities as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience.
- Up to Three (3) years’ experience in a brand marketing function.
- Experience with using various marketing channels (content writing, social media, emails, events, partner, etc.) to communicate a company's brand, features, & benefits.
- Experience of working closely with various marketing functions/teams (product, partner, content/creative, events, paid, etc.).
- Previous experience working at a SaaS company is preferred.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Degree or professional qualification in marketing or business-related field preferred
- Strong experience of working within the marketing field.
- Good understanding of online technology (able to do demos and explain technology)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional communication skills – including written, interpersonal, and public speaking.
- Ability to meet multiple concurrent deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of initiative and follow-through.
- Google Analytics
- Google Docs
- Presentation Building
- Less than 10%, limited travel may be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled