The ShipStation Marketing Team supports the organization brand by creating short- and long-term goals, determining budgets for paid programs and strategies, being the marketing advocates for the brand and products within our responsibility, and being the voice of that brand external-facing.
We are looking for a driven, entrepreneurial, creative, and analytical leader to own our lifecycle marketing strategy. You will be expected to help define overarching goals, articulate tactical plans, and manage key business metrics to improve email KPIs, with an ultimate eye on customer lifetime value. This is a highly visible role central to our overall business success and will require deep partnerships with key leaders across the organization.
This individual will be expected to develop a holistic strategy to own the full lifecycle of customer touch points through email and mobile push. The ideal candidate will be able to blend creative exploration under the auspices of our brand voice, with data-driven analysis to synthesize and circulate customer insights. Given the strategic nature of this role, a qualified candidate must have an analytic background, a keen eye for creative execution, proven record of working cross-functionally in matrixed organizations, and strong project management skills. Previous channel management and optimization experience is preferred.
Qualifications - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Position Duties (typical monthly, weekly, daily tasks):
- Obsess over the funnel and set concrete goals to improve onboarding engagement and retention.
- Define, pilot, and rapidly iterate customer-facing email activation and retention marketing strategies, from marketing strategy to creative concepting, to deliverability, and KPI reporting.
- Partner with internal and external leaders (creative, site merchandising, engineering, acquisition marketing, and senior management) to deliver on cross-functional email projects with tight timelines, tight budgets, high visibility, and very material impact.
- Analyze marketing, transactional, and lifecycle customer email behavior data to report on effectiveness of existing initiatives and identify new opportunities.
- Drive the development and testing of approaches to deliver relevant, inspiring marketing campaigns to consumers that drive meaningful business growth.
- Leverage technology and analytics to enhance business goals; identify areas for improvement and drive implementation.
- Develop talent within the organization, ultimately managing analyst(s) to support email goals.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, business, or related field or equivalent years’ experience.
- Five or more (5+) years’ experience in a growth marketing function.
- Three or more (3+) years’ experience in SaaS.
- Experience working with the following channels: SEM, SEO, display, paid social, TV, radio/podcast, and direct mail.
- Experience working across internal teams and with agencies.
- Experience creating and managing a testing roadmap.
- Experience developing and deploying email, and other digital campaigns, via third party service providers.
- Additional experience with additional marketing channels (paid, social, etc) preferred.
Skills and Knowledge:
- A creative thinker who can turn data into actionable next steps.
- A growth mindset, never satisfied with the status quo.
- Strong familiarity and passion for growth marketing, customer marketing, and retention.
- Strong technical understanding of marketing technologies associated with the role.
- Knowledge of email marketing levers and tactics with a track record of delivering value and measuring how email marketing contributes to broader business goals.
- Able to work side-by-side clearly and consistently with a broad range of functions across category management, marketing, and site experience to deliver against complex initiatives.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Comfortable in a data-driven business environment.
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude.
- Microsoft Office
- Google Suite
- Familiar with Marketing and BI Tools like Optimizely, Hubspot, and Looker
- Less than 10%, limited travel may be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled