The fulfillment process can make or break a merchant, and at Auctane, we’ve built four exceptional products that help online sellers of all sizes get products into the hands of their customers quickly and efficiently. E-commerce is constantly changing, and our brands must evolve to align with merchant’s needs.
We’re looking for an Manager, Events Marketing who can help us grow awareness, interest, and sign-ups for our products (ShipStation, ShippingEasy, ShipWorks, and ShipEngine) through in-person and virtual events.
- Event Strategy
- Reporting & Analytics
- Testing / Optimization
- Budget Management
Essential Position Duties (typically daily, weekly, monthly):
- Event Strategy. Meet with Brand Managers to determine what type(s) of events will help them achieve their business goals and then work to build an annual calendar. This may include activities such as in-person or virtual customer workshops (ShipStation University), virtual partner events (Sip & Ship), trade shows, and local in-person meetups. You will also liaison with our international team to ensure they have everything they need for regional events in Europe and Australia.
- Conference Assessment. You evaluate whether Auctane brands should participate in a specific conference and present your assessment to Auctane leadership for approval. Your job is to learn each brand’s objectives when attending events, and make sure that the events that we participate in match these goals.
- Pre-Conference Logistics. You will keep track of various pre-conference logistics such as selecting and training Auctane representatives to attend the event, securing flights and hotels, as well as executing necessary pre-conference tasks and details. You will also schedule pre-event meetings for our larger events so the team(s) attending feel prepared and up-to-date on the event details. In order to do this well, you must be very detail-oriented and able to coordinate efforts between internal and external vendors.
- Event Creative. You will plan creative ways that ShipStation, ShippingEasy, ShipWorks, and ShipEngine can stand-out during events. This may involve social media marketing during the event, contests to incite booth traffic, etc. This is the fun part! The best candidate for the job will have ideas on marketing pre, during, and post events to ensure we have overall success.
- Local Events. You will be on a mission to help ShipStation, ShippingEasy, and ShipEngine achieve an active, positive presence in the local Austin community. You will determine local events to participate through sponsorships, speaking engagements, talent recruitment, and brand visibility. This also includes creating local events for users, partners, and the ecommerce community to learn more about and interact with our brands.
- Event Lead Follow Up. You will have a plan in place to follow up with leads or customers after the event.
- Event Recap. After following up with leads, you will compile, for each event, the overall event results. This will include number of attendees, staff and attendee feedback, number of users we interacted with, number of partners in attendance, pictures, marketing strategy (pre, during, and post), leads - trial sign ups and conversions, and holistic event ROI by determining how many new customers our brands gained through the event to help evaluate if acquisition of new customers outweighed the cost. Not all events will generate new leads, but they may have other benefits or objectives such as: connecting with current customers or partners, exposure in the industry, etc. You will advise on future participation for each event.
- Swag, Flyers, Handouts. You will be on a mission to find the best swag and flyers that we can hand out during events. You will work with our Events Coordinator to coordinate deliverables with vendors to be sure that the swag item is the right quality and quantity.
- Internal Events. You will work along with the Head of People and members of our Partner teams to help plan internal events.
- Testing / Optimization. Continually strive for better results. Test and optimize all efforts. Question status-quo. Learn from and apply learnings from other sources beyond our efforts. Ensure we are making data driven decisions.
- Reporting and Analytics. Develop a deep understanding of the numbers behind our efforts. Think of reporting and analytics as an integral part of the planning and implementation of all campaigns. Develop and maintain dashboard(s) to allow for easy sharing as well as actionable use. Understand the difference between interesting and actionable information.
- You will be responsible for building an annual budget for our Events program and recording expenses on a monthly basis.
- Desire to Learn & Grow. You are eager to learn new skills and try new approaches to your craft. You’ll spend time learning our products so you’re a good representative of each brand at various events.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, business, or related field
- Five or more (5+) years’ experience directly managing in-person and virtual events, preferably in the ecommerce and/or software industry.
- One or more years (1+) years’ experience supervising/managing a team.
- Experience with tools like GoToWebinar and Splash.
- Demonstrated success in event management and project management with a focus on operational excellence
Skills and Knowledge:
- Exceptional Communication Skills. You’re prepared to communicate the status of a project at any time, with anyone. You feel comfortable standing in front of a room of people and communicating information.
- A willingness to travel (as needed), and ability to work independently and autonomously
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Exceptional communication skills – including written, interpersonal, and public speaking
- Ability to meet multiple concurrent deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional customer relationship management skills.
- High level of initiative and follow through.
- Ability to be creative, have fresh ideas, and bring a unique perspective.
- Google Suite
- GoToWebinar and Splash
- 30% travel to visit partners and attend events.
- Valid Driver’s License with proof of automobile insurance.
Additional Position Duties: – (The following is a list of what all employees, except those with medical accommodation, may be regularly required to do.)
- Sit for prolonged periods of time
- Utilize wrist and hands for a prolonged period of time
- Walk short distances
- Stand for short periods
- Speaking and conversing with others
- Lift up to 25lbs without assistance up to chest height
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled