Auctane is a team of shipping and software experts with a passion for helping merchants fulfill their most audacious dreams. Our software solves ecommerce problems so our customers can scale their businesses on demand. At Auctane, you’ll join a team that’s committed to a singular mission: to enable the entrepreneurial spirit across the globe. We’re obsessed with making sure merchants are free to focus on creating remarkable products and connecting with customers everywhere.
The Auctane family includes ShipStation, ShipWorks, ShipEngine, and ShippingEasy. Our partners include Amazon, UPS, USPS, eBay, BigCommerce, Shopify, WooCommerce, and Walmart. We’re a fast-moving, high-growth startup backed by a $5B public company, with offices in Austin, London, and Sydney. We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Austin American-Statesman. If you like working with the best on some of the most complex, exciting problems in global business, you’re home. Learn more at: www.auctane.com
The product and engineering teams design and develop and update our software. ShipStation leads the e-commerce world with our web-based software designed to make e-commerce retailers exceptionally efficient at processing, fulfilling, and shipping their orders from all the most popular marketplaces and shopping carts using all the top carriers.
Technical Project Manager’s at Auctane help product engineering teams deliver working software faster. They are fully embedded on teams and carry responsibilities around coordination, testing and stakeholder management.
- Validate and test work produced by engineering teams
- Communicate between product teams and the wider organization
- Manage stakeholders and communicate timelines
- Provide domain and product expertise to product teams
- Develop and execute post-release plans
- Coordinate and maintain partner relationships
Qualifications - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Position Duties (typical monthly, weekly, daily tasks):
- Runs tests using automatic testing software to ensure upgrades are working
- Research, validate and prioritize requirements including defining benefits, risks, and impacts of releases across the organization and for clients based on current client feedback, market analysis, and industry best practices
- Will ensure the features communicated by the users are successfully communicated to the engineering teams
- Ensures that the Product teams are aligned with other teams including marketing, support and sales about the projects in place, timelines and other important information
- Coordinates with marketing in terms of feature releases
- Ensures the Support teams are knowledgeable about the product before it is released
- Communicates with the teams at Stamps.com to ensure the timeline for features and what is needed is understood
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years’ experience.
- Computer science background or several years of experience in the software development industry.
- Three or more (3+) years project management experience.
- PMP® certification a plus.
- ScrumMaster® certification a plus.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to manage projects with a moderate degree of complexity which requires some conceptualization
- Demonstrable skills in the communication of business requirements
- Ability to adapt to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid changes
- Ability to balance long-term (“big picture”) and short-term business objectives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of e-Commerce/Internet technologies
- Effectively interact with all levels within the organization
- General understanding of the software development process
- Proficient computer literacy required
- Basic understanding of web applications
- Understanding of Software Development life cycle needed
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled