The Auctane Software Development team is empowered with enhancing, modifying, and maintaining features and functionality associated with the Auctane suite of software products.
Engineering Coordinators ensure the engineering staff within an integrated product team or engineering department work well together in a cross-functional context. They are fully embedded on the team and are responsible for coordinating, testing and ensuring quality releases, and managing the communications around those events. Additionally, they work directly with several external development firms to build and launch new shipping carrier and order/e-commerce marketplace integrations.
They’re great, professional communicators, both written and spoken. They facilitate communication and documentation of projects and processes to help propel engineering to success. They anticipate and proactively remove obstacles to engineering, and help cross departmental boundaries when necessary. They take great notes, they copiously consume our best Confluence pages and Google docs while generating, maintaining, and publicizing their own, and participate in our RFC process, our peer review, and the grooming of our backlog. They’re ready to talk to executives, customers, and strategic partners in a professional and satisfying way that both shares insight and builds confidence.
They love technology, our products, and our customers. They understand the web and APIs as mediums, the development lifecycle, and SaaS. They have hands-on experience with Jira, Confluence, and GitHub, and can find areas in our codebase related to the needs and issues at hand. They are no strangers to agile, scrum, kanban, and/or other methodologies. They help drive the team's work to a successful outcome, sometimes pinch-hitting with tasks like manual QA/UAT, etc. A passion for data and KPIs, with experience in Looker, SQL, Redshift, etc. is a plus, as is a familiarity with OKR processes.
Most of all, they’re single-mindedly devoted to empowerment and enablement: making sure that everyone around them in the Engineering org is supported, sustained, and unleashed to do their best work. They see their success as making our efforts in the Engineering org successful, no matter what it takes, and can multi-task and context-switch to achieve those goals, switching from reactive and tactical concerns to proactive and strategic concerns with aplomb.
- Validate and test work produced by engineering teams.
- Communicate between product teams and the wider organization.
- Manage stakeholders and communicate timelines.
- Provide domain and product expertise to product teams.
- Develop and execute post-release plans.
- Coordinate and maintain partner relationships.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- BA or BS degree or equivalent years of work experience.
- Two or more (2+) years of engineering coordination or technical project management experience.
- Previous e-Commerce experience preferred.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to manage projects with a moderate degree of complexity which requires some conceptualization
- Demonstrable skills in the communication of business requirements
- Ability to adapt to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid changes
- Ability to balance long-term (“big picture”) and short-term business objectives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of e-Commerce/Internet technologies
- Effectively interact with all levels within the organization
- General understanding of the software development process
- Proficient computer literacy required
- Looker, SQL, Redshift, is a plus
- Understanding of Software Development life cycle needed
Competitive pay, 401k with company match, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Educational Reimbursement, Commuter benefits, Discount programs, Inventor patent bonuses
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled