The Product Integrations team is responsible for driving the vision and direction of the Auctane’s award-winning products, including ShipStation, ShipEngine, ShippingEasy, and ShipWorks. We are a rapidly growing team, working on a portfolio of products that serve merchants and others in ecommerce.
The Product Manager plays a crucial role by launching new carrier features and updates to the Integrations Platform that powers our portfolio of shipping and logistics applications (ShipStation, ShippingEasy, ShipWorks, ShipEngine). The Product Manager is responsible for understanding the business needs and leading carrier integration initiatives from inception to execution. The Product Manager is responsible for understanding our users and their daily work. Building on this understanding, the Product Manager will collaborate closely with designers, engineers, analysts, data scientists, senior management, customers, partners, and other cross-functional team members to propose, ship, and refine products while achieving business objectives.
- Translate vision, strategy, and roadmap into clear value propositions.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders for product requirements.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships.
- Prioritize the backlog of features and bugs.
- Ability to create use cases in order to define new features and measure outcomes.
- Monitor ongoing performance of features.
Qualifications - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Position Duties (typical monthly, weekly, daily tasks which support the primary objectives):
- Translate vision and strategy into clear value propositions to create product requirements and specifications that can be communicated to operations, engineering, QA, and other cross-functional teams.
- Create product designs and specifications.
- Manage gathering business and technical requirements from external and internal stakeholders including product managers, marketing, business development, QA, pricing, finance, customers and software related technical resources.
- Advocate for the customer and improve the user experience in the definition of innovative solutions.
- Drive new feature development working side-by-side with product managers, engineers, and QA.
- Manage the product development life cycle to support product releases on a regular basis.
- Manage numerous projects from inception through launch.
- Contribute to the overall Product Vision and Roadmap.
- Advocate for features that will help drive the business strategy and vision.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent years of experience.
- Five or more (5+) years of relevant product management experience.
- Experience partnering with engineering and design to define, build, and maintain products which are critical to growth, engagement, and retention.
- Professional experience with eCommerce and shipping carriers is preferred.
- B2B product experience is preferred.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to narrate a story for what problem you’re solving for and the vision you’re going after, combined with the capacity to dive into minute details.
- Familiarity with the concepts of design thinking and how rapid prototyping works.
- Strong focus on customers – you find a great deal of satisfaction in knowing users, who they are and what they do, but most importantly, why they do the things they do.
- Proven ability and track record with developing and maintaining collaborative relationships.
- Exceptional decision-making skills – (Given limited resources, how do you prioritize across needs?).
- Strong understanding of the leading solutions and providers of eCommerce.
- Proven track record of launching new features and functionality.
- Able to communicate effectively, develop compelling recommendations, and inspire team members, cross-functional partners, and executives.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to understand our market and products.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Exceptional analytical and fact-based problem-solving skills.
- Excellent presentation skills, including developing presentation content and public speaking.
- 10% - This role may require periodic domestic travel to subsidiary companies and partner meetings.
Additional Position Duties: (The following is a list of what all employees, except those with medical accommodation, may be regularly required to do.)
- Sit for prolonged periods of time
- Utilize wrist and hands for a prolonged period of time
- Walk short distances
- Stand for short periods
- Speaking and conversing with others
- Lift up to 25lbs without assistance up to chest height
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled