The fulfillment process can make or break a merchant, and at Auctane, we’ve built four exceptional products that help online sellers of all sizes get products into the hands of their customers quickly and efficiently. E-commerce is constantly changing, and our brands must evolve to align with merchant’s needs.
The Director, Performance Marketing will be responsible for building, growing, and managing a team of performance marketing professionals who are focused on customer acquisition for our four product -- ShipStation, ShippingEasy, ShipWorks, and ShipEngine.
Qualifications - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Position Duties (typical monthly, weekly, daily tasks which support the primary objectives):
- Act as a critical thought partner to the VP of Marketing, marketing leadership, and department leadership across the org
- Build, recruit, train, and mentor a team of high performing performance marketers, operations, and analyst(s)
- Forecast paid media-driven trial sign-ups and conversions by channel and work with the corresponding owners to meet them
- Make recommendations for optimizing our marketing performance based on ROAS
- Work with members of the team to optimize existing campaigns and identify new opportunities for testing
- Develop strong vendor relationships and work closely with existing vendors (Google, Bing, Hubspot, and more) to ensure quality advice and guidance
- Work with data engineers and analysts to gather performance data and present to leaders throughout the team and the organization, making recommendations when necessary
- Maintain the marketing budget for all products and geographies to ensure we’re meeting ROAS and growth targets
- Work cross-functionally across marketing, product management, sales, leadership teams, and Stamps, our parent company
- Build and implement processes to track requests and measure performance to completion
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and outside-in thinking on best and evolving practices, and ensure the team is constantly at the edge of the newest high potential opportunities or ways of working
- Advise on digital and marketing best practices, the latest tools and systems
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors’ degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or related area or equivalent years’ experience.
- Ten or more (10+) years’ experience in a marketing role.
- Five or more (5+) years’ experience managing a growth-focused team.
- Three or more 3+) years’ experience in SaaS.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong knowledge working with the following channels: SEM, SEO, display, paid social, TV, radio/podcast, and direct mail.
- Strong knowledge managing agency relationships.
- Familiar with BI tools like Looker.
- Strong storytelling skills. Communicates thoughts and ideas in a logical manner and is experienced in communicating information to all levels within the organization
- A creative thinker who can turn data into actionable next steps.
- A growth mindset, never satisfied with the status quo.
- Less than 10%, limited travel may be required.
Additional Position Duties: (The following is a list of what all employees, except those with medical accommodation, may be regularly required to do.)
- Sit for prolonged periods of time
- Utilize wrist and hands for a prolonged period of time
- Walk short distances
- Stand for short periods
- Speaking and conversing with others
- Lift up to 25lbs without assistance up to chest height
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled