The Strategic Accounts team manages the onboarding of Auctane merchants sold by the Major Accounts Executive team, High Volume plan merchants, and specifically named merchants. In addition, this team will provide relationship management for our top revenue generating accounts as well as named accounts that are deemed strategic in nature. This team onboards and retains our most valuable cohort of merchants.
The Manager, Strategic Accounts manages a team of individuals responsible for the strategy and day to day tactical engagements with our largest most strategic merchants and provides backup for escalation and support. The team is responsible for achieving 1/3 of Auctane annual shipments and revenue.
- Build, train, and lead a strategic team of Merchant Success Managers and Implementation Managers.
- Meet or exceed team growth targets on a monthly/quarterly/yearly basis.
- Maintain superior cross brand product knowledge and understanding how to onboard and retain our largest users.
- Create and deploy continual process improvements that decrease churn rates.
Qualifications - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Position Duties (typical monthly, weekly, daily tasks which support the primary objectives):
- Build, train and lead strategic team of Merchant Success Managers and Implementation Managers
- Develop the team to grow highest value Auctane merchants through coaching and mentoring.
- Develop the team to onboard all new merchants and maximize label generation and growth.
- Run quarterly sales team events.
- Accurately report monthly/quarterly growth and retention results to Senior Leadership.
- Attend conferences to build relationships with our most strategic merchants.
- Meet total shipment and total revenue growth targets.
- Lower measurable churn rates.
- Maintain strong relationships with Senior Sales Management team.
- Communicate with Sales leaders around goals and progress.
- Travel to ShipStation user locations to deliver exec presentations.
- Manage install base via SFDC
- Provide training and ongoing product and relationship mgmt. coaching.
- Onboarding percentage tracking.
- Salesforce.com (SFDC) management and reporting.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience.
- At least Six (6) years of Strategic Account Management experience.
- Two or more (2+) years Management experience in previous role.
Preferred Knowledge and/or Experience:
- Four (4) years’ experience with SaaS Account Management.
- eCommerce experience.
- Understanding of ShipStation sales organizational structure.
- Deep Understanding of the ShipStation product.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong Relationship management acumen
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Expert Communication and conversational skills
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- MS Office
- Approx. 20%+
- A valid Driver’s License with proof of automobile insurance is required.
Additional Position Duties: (The following is a list of what all employees, except those with medical accommodation, may be regularly required to do.)
- Sit for prolonged periods of time
- Utilize wrist and hands for a prolonged period of time
- Walk short distances
- Stand for short periods
- Speaking and conversing with others
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled