The Auctane Design team is responsible for the award-winning user experience of our portfolio of products. We use our unique skills to uncover latent customer needs, solve complex problems, and align our cross-functional teams around solutions. We work collaboratively with product teams to shape, envision, and execute solutions. Our end goal is to discover insights, help shape the product, and create quality work with impact that has lasting value for our customers and our company. We are a rapidly growing team -- doubled in size in the last year.
The Senior Product Designer will help us build the right thing the right way. Leading candidates will have deep consumer and/or SaaS design experience both as a manager and an individual contributor. You have a demonstrated ability to create real value from design. You are an elegant problem solver. You and your teams build things that give people superpowers by making the complex simple and magical. This role will report to the Director of Product Design.
This position is an onsite position in Austin, TX
- Be an active contributor on research projects, prototyping, wireframes, and handoff to developers.
- Form productive working relationships with members of the product, design, and engineering teams.
- Provide feedback to the design, product, and engineering teams regarding ongoing work.
- Work well inside an established process -- but be comfortable improvising when necessary.
- Present your work often to the design, product, and management teams.
- Through feedback and engagement, help the design team produce work with quality.
Qualifications - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Position Duties (typical monthly, weekly, daily tasks which support the primary objectives):
- Work with other members of the design team to write research scripts, execute research projects, interview customers, read feedback, put together presentations on research synthesis.
- Work closely with product managers, designers, and engineers to understand project requirements.
- Use visualizations to help the team understand complex problems, systems, solutions and more.
- As a standard practice, create multiple solutions to problems esp. in complex areas where there are clear advantages and tradeoffs to consider.
- Produce wireframes and high-fidelity prototypes:
- For use in evaluative research projects,
- As a hand-off to development teams,
- To help define key usability or interaction requirements.
- Quickly understand and adapt to key design and product team processes.
- Participate in weekly design team critiques.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Art, Design, HCL, UX or related field, or equivalent years’ experience.
- 5+ years work experience as a product or UX designer.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Working knowledge of design disciplines (user-centered design, layout, information architecture, typography / layout, ux patterns).
- Proficient: Adept with design tools like Sketch and InVision. Abstract is a plus.
- Basic understanding of web technologies (HTML5 and CSS3).
- Collaborative working style.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Able to receive and incorporate feedback from peers as well as stakeholders; provides constructive criticism.
- Customer focused: You're always looking for ways to know more about your users including both qualitative and qualitative methods for gathering data and feedback.
- Organized: can deliver to expectations with little intervention.
- Listens, gets clarification, and takes where necessary to record key decisions; Asks questions to help clarify ambiguity; Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Sketch, InVision, and Abstract
Additional Position Duties: (The following is a list of what all employees, except those with medical accommodation, may be regularly required to do.) **This field is standard**
- Sit for prolonged periods of time
- Utilize wrist and hands for a prolonged period of time
- Walk short distances
- Stand for short periods
- Speaking and conversing with others
- Lift up to 25lbs without assistance up to chest height
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled