The fulfillment process can make or break a merchant, and at Auctane, we’ve built four exceptional products that help online sellers of all sizes get products into the hands of their customers quickly and efficiently. E-commerce is constantly changing, and our brands must evolve to align with merchant’s needs.
The Auctane family includes ShipStation, ShipWorks, ShipEngine, and ShippingEasy. We’re a fast-moving, high-growth business backed by a $5B public company, and we’re looking for a Web Designer who is passionate about building strong and seamless brand websites that our customers identify with. The Web Designer should have an eye for clean and artful web design. They should also have superior user interface design skills. The successful candidate will be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts. They will be able to transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional designs.
- Creating remarkable website designs that differentiate each product from each other, as well as competitors
- Conceptualizing creative ideas with the design team and stakeholders
- Continuously testing and improving the design of each website, always working to improve performance
- Working alongside our performance team to create and test new landing page layouts to improve conversion rates for paid media campaigns
- Establishing design guidelines, standards, and best practices.
- Maintaining the appearance and accessibility of the websites by enforcing content standards
- Designing visual imagery for websites and ensuring that they are in line with branding for internal clients
- Working with different content management systems
- Own the website architecture, communicating design ideas using user flows, process flows, site maps, and wireframes
- Collaborate with developers to add new functionalities and features into each website and ensure feasibility of designs
- Design landing page templates that can be used to stand up new campaigns quickly
- Work with leadership to conceptualize new designs and gain buy-in
Education and/or Experience:
- 5+ years experience in web design
- Experience working at a fast-growing SaaS company
- Experience working with a team of designers and web developers
Skills and Knowledge:
- Desire to lead and do production work
- Strong portfolio of work as an individual contributor, as well as a team
- An ability to complete high-volume of production tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong digital experience
- Strong presentation skills - can engage a group with narrative storytelling and visual artifacts (like slide decks). Can take a strong position based on evidence and be willing to have an open discussion about the merits of a variety of approaches
- Strong communication skills - communicates proactively with teams to squash problems before they arise. Brings in stakeholders early in the process to ensure alignment.
- Familiarity with Asana or other project management tools
- Bachelor’s degree in design, advertising, English, journalism or another related field
- Web architecture and responsive layouts
- Knowledge of web accessibility standards and design for all abilities
- Experience or an understanding of working within brand guidelines/ style guides and design systems
- Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects
- Strong understanding of UI/ Web layout programs like Sketch, Adobe XD or Figma
- Experience with WordPress architecture, page-building, and editing
- Basic knowledge of HTML5/CSS
- No traveling required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled