The Auctane Software Development team is empowered with enhancing, modifying, and maintaining features and functionality associated with the Auctane suite of software products.
The Integrations team is responsible for building and maintaining the highest quality integrations to the third-party APIs that help power the Auctane family of companies. It's the integrations team's responsibility to evaluate and standardize functionality across the industry. This team is responsible for building shipping, eCommerce, inventory, insurance, and financial connections into our products.
The Software Engineer, Integrations helps us provide real-time solutions for our customers when they need it the most. This role will function as a core member of our software engineering organization working within a cross-functional team to enhance, modify, and add functionality to our software platform and will report to the Director of Engineering.
- Be an active contributor during design and implementation phases of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Apply software engineering best practices while modifying/enhancing our software platform.
- Attend and contribute to design review meetings.
- Offer input into the designs of product enhancements and third-party integrations and documenting designs.
- Actively documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code.
- Follow the principles outlined in the 12 Factor App.
- Help to inform and design APIs to standardize functionality between eCommerce, shipping, inventory, insurance, and financial platforms.
- Thoroughly analyze third party APIs and recognize core industry concepts and workflows.
- Build forward-thinking and practical contracts.
- Write clear documentation that explains the industry and technology.
- Collaborate with other members of the software engineering team to develop shipping software products.
- Work closely with other developers and product managers throughout the SDLC.
- Being responsible for the design and implementation of new product features and enhancements with guidance and input from other team members.
- Write tests to support any source code changes made by this individual, performing code reviews and related activities that contribute to the development and maintenance of the Auctane software.
- Provide feedback to the team on product improvement ideas.
- Organize and catalog common problems and pain points encountered by customers, as well as ideas regarding improvements to common processes and workflows of Auctane merchants. These artifacts will ultimately serve as a starting point for conversations with product management in terms of needs and prioritization.
Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent years of relevant work experience.
- Four to Six (4-6) years of experience in a software development role, preferably within the eCommerce or shipping software industries.
- Experience working with External APIs (REST, SOAP, GRPC), and an understanding of authentication patterns such as OAuth, HMAC, Basic, etc.
- Experience in an Agile software development environment.
- Experience with creating and maintaining automated unit tests and integration tests in a test-driven development environment.
- Experience with source control systems and branching strategies.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organization skills
- Proven ability to prioritize work
- Curious and driven with a problem-solving approach
- Understanding of advanced object-oriented design, "Gang of Four" design patterns, and SOLID design principles
- Understanding of UML diagrams (class diagrams, sequence diagrams, etc.) to communicate architecture and design concepts
- Strong understanding of SQL, relational database systems, and ORM frameworks
- Demonstrates strong communication and team skills
- Familiarity with shipping and/or eCommerce software is a plus
- Displays a high degree of professionalism and contributes to the credibility of the company
- Can be productive and self-motivated in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
- Uses time efficiently, possesses a solid work ethic and customer-focus
- Acts with a sense of urgency, primarily where customer impact or delays to shipping exists
- A high degree of intellectual curiosity and a thirst for knowledge. We're always looking for ways to improve our processes while continuing to produce high-quality solutions for our customers
- External APIs (REST, SOAP, GRPC
- OAuth, HMAC, Basic
Competitive pay, 401k with company match, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Educational Reimbursement, Commuter benefits, Discount programs, Inventor patent bonuses
Stamps Company Overview:
Stamps.com (NASDAQ: STMP) is the leading provider of postage online and shipping software solutions to customers including consumers, small businesses, e-commerce shippers, enterprises, and high volume shippers. Stamps.com offers solutions that help businesses run their shipping operations more smoothly and function more successfully under the brand names Stamps.com, Endicia®, ShipStation®, ShipEngine®, ShippingEasy®, ShipWorks®, GlobalPost and MetaPack™. Stamps.com’s family of brands provides seamless access to mailing and shipping services through integrations with more than 500 unique partner applications.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled