The Merchant Success team is responsible for successfully onboarding, ongoing relationship management, product adoption, and overall merchant satisfaction for all of Auctane’s merchants. This team provides a high touch approach for identified strategic merchants and a programmatic highly scalable approach for the rest of the merchant base.
The primary purpose of the Senior Merchant Growth and Retention Manager is to create, manage, measure, and adapt experiments that turn into programs focused on activating, growing, and retaining Auctane’s merchants at scale. The role will work cross functionally with data, product, marketing, sales, and operational teams on possible improvements that might need to be made and assist with program efforts.
- Identify and manage merchant cohorts mapped to a merchant product and ecommerce journey based on product usage insights, key metrics, and industry best practices.
- Drive the strategy, experimentation, and analysis of merchant retention and growth initiatives focused on product adoption, merchant health, and revenue retention.
- Partner cross functionally to assess and improve data consumption and analysis for merchant success to better understand where to improve the merchant journey and what are the most impactful engagements for merchant growth and retention.
- Owns the delivery of the Merchant Success operational metrics and reporting across all brands.
Essential Position Duties:
- Generates and measures key performance indicators, metrics, and outcomes for merchant success.
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data to make informed recommendations to improve the merchant journey.
- Understand user psychology to evaluate, implement, and leverage experimentation platforms to support the tracking, management, and analysis for A/B tests and personalized experiences.
- Create and manage compelling experiments to drive user engagement, product adoption, and retention.
- Analyze and present experiment results in an engaging way with actionable recommendations that can be applied to continue to improve the user experience and merchant retention.
- Seek continuous improvement and make tradeoff decisions between speed to execution and quality.
- Document requirements and work with the product organization to get key product improvements implemented based on supporting data.
- Implements and manages standardized dashboards and reporting metrics showing the impact and results drive by merchant success.
Additional Position Duties: (The following is a list of what all employees, except those with medical accommodation, may be regularly required to do.)
- Sit for prolonged periods of time
- Utilize wrist and hands for a prolonged period of time
- Walk short distances
- Stand for short periods
- Speaking and conversing with others
- Lift up to 25lbs without assistance up to chest height
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years’ experience.
- Five (5) years’ experience in a customer facing role like sales, customer management, or consulting.
- Two (2) years’ experience with user analysis, communication experiments, or engagement testing.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Merchant Satisfaction
- Goal Setting
- Managing Change
- Commitment to Quality
- Business Analytics Tools like Looker
- G Suite
- Customer Management Tool like Gainsight, ChurnZero, or others
- Approx. 10%; Potential travel for business related conferences - possibly 1 per year.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled