The Merchant Programs team manages the onboarding of Auctane merchants sold through the Velocity Sales team. In addition, this team will provide proactive programmatic outreach to all merchants outside of the designated Strategic Accounts. This team onboards and retains the largest cohort of merchants.
The primary purpose of the Director, Merchant Success is to direct a group of merchant onboarding specialists and success specialists who act as consultative partners with merchants post-sale to ensure a positive experience. Work closely with the sales department to set a professionally directed strategy aimed at merchant development, retention, and expansion. Collaborate with technology, marketing, sales, professional services, training, and support groups to ensure merchants are as successful as possible in use of product and/or service. Oversee proactive engagement with merchants to build value and ensure long-term partnership. Maintain a deep knowledge of merchant industry, product, and role in the market.
- Define and implement a strategy to improve merchant experience, motivate/scale the team, develop talent, improve merchant growth and retention
- Analysis of operational metrics to determine strategic wins and drive process improvements that will unlock value for our merchants.
- Implement, improve and standardize key processes to ensure a consistent and reliable journey for merchants.
Essential Position Duties (typical monthly, weekly, daily tasks which support the primary objectives):
- Own the strategy for how we deliver proactive outreach to merchants of all sizes. Develop programs and playbooks that support merchants in a one-to-many delivery model all the way up to a strategic motion that supports one-to-few.
- Forecast retention on a Monthly and quarterly basis
- Work with Marketing to understand, and document the merchant journey, and manage campaigns that yield stronger results in merchant growth and retention.
- Grow the leadership capability in the organization through hiring and mentorship. Develop and implement strategies that create a learning environment, attract and retain top performers, reduce ramp time, and scale the team.
- Provide direction to the team by offering guidance on one-to-many strategies, tools and approaches with their accounts.
Additional Position Duties: (The following is a list of what all employees, except those with medical accommodation, may be regularly required to do.)
- Sit for prolonged periods of time
- Utilize wrist and hands for a prolonged period of time
- Walk short distances
- Stand for short periods
- Speaking and conversing with others
- Lift up to 25lbs without assistance up to chest height
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years’ experience.
- Eight (8) years’ experience in a merchant / customer management role
- Three (3) years management experience with teams in a merchant/customer facing role.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Merchant Satisfaction
- Goal Setting
- Team Building
- Managing Change
- Commitment to Quality
- G Suite
- Approximately 10%; required to fly domestically 1-2x per quarter for Merchant Support or Management-related conferences.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled