Every day, the complex challenges of global shipping and logistics bring growing pains that fast-growing online brands struggle to negotiate. Getting products into the hands of customers quickly and affordably is a challenge for most. At Auctane, we serve and champion these merchants every day. Our software stack solves shipping and logistics problems that arise as merchants scale, so they can focus their time, energy, and resources on what matters most.
Auctane is a team of shipping and software experts with a passion for helping merchants move their ideas, dreams and innovations around the globe. The Auctane family includes ShipStation, ShipWorks, ShipEngine, and ShippingEasy. Our partners include Amazon, UPS, USPS, eBay, BigCommerce, Shopify, WooCommerce, and Walmart.
A wholly-owned subsidiary of Stamps.com (Nasdaq: STMP), Auctane is headquartered in Austin, TX, with offices in St. Louis, London, and Sydney.
The Communications Manager role will work with stakeholders across the company to ensure we're communicating across the company in a consistent and transparent manner. This person will also manage external communication, including public relations and social engagement to ensure our current and prospective customers have a positive interaction with our brand(s).
- Map all of the places that customers and future users interact with our brand (Auctane, ShipStation, ShippingEasy, ShipWorks, and ShipEngine). Work with the Content team to establish a public-facing voice and tone. Develop and implement a plan to ensure our users have a positive experience with our brand in a way that is meaningful and measurable.
- Map all of the places that our employees interact with our brand, Auctane. Work alongside our Culture team to create an internal communications strategy so our employees remain engaged with our brand.
- Plan, edit, and write content for a variety of internal communications mediums, such as the employee resource page, monthly newsletter/regular email bulletin. You may also be required to work on the layout of content
- Help create and edit content for presentations at company-wide events.
- Help our PR agency craft storylines for pitching, and provide necessary inputs such as new feature releases, partnership announcements, user stories, data, senior executive quotes, etc.
- Work with marketing and HR to build our employer brand, Auctane. You’ll provide input on everything from its look and feel, tone, and communications strategy.
- Work with our Manager of Market Research to identify a holistic social listening tool that meets cross-department requirements. Build a process for responding to user feedback across channels such as 3rd party review sites, paid social ads, organic social posts, and 3rd party boards and forums.
- Build relationships with customers, industry professionals, and platforms by participating in the conversations taking place about our products on relevant websites and forums
- Recommend a way to measure sentiment across channels and establish monthly goals. Report on performance for things like Share of Voice, quantity and quality of reviews, etc.
- Work closely with the Marketing, Product, Sales, and Support teams
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Journalism or a related field or equivalent years of experience.
- At least Three or more (3+) years’ experience as a Communications or Community Manager.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Writing skills: You need excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills as well as the journalistic ability to source stories from employees and customers
- Speaking skills: You also need strong speaking skills as you are likely to be called on to give presentations to staff. Internal communications managers need sensitivity to an organization’s goals and values and the ability to relay them to employees
- Interpersonal skills: You need good interpersonal and relationship-building skills in order to work across departments. You also need to possess the confidence to deal with senior executives and explain communication techniques to them.
- Leadership Skills: The ability to manage without directly managing.
- Time Management: You will be working with employees, customers and management, often spinning multiple plates at once.
- Creative skills: You need the creative ability to devise communication strategies Digital skills: Familiarity with information technology, especially digital and video means of communication, is essential.
- The ability to meet multiple concurrent deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Be a self-starter: high level of initiative and follow through
- Attention to detail, critical-thinker and problem-solver
- Ability to be creative, have fresh ideas, and bring a unique perspective
- Experience with using various marketing tools (Hootsuite, Khoros, WordPress, Asana, Hubspot, Looker, Google Drive, etc.)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled