Every day, the complex challenges of global shipping and logistics bring growing pains that fast-growing online brands struggle to negotiate. Getting products into the hands of customers quickly and affordably is a challenge for most. At Auctane, we serve and champion these merchants every day. Our software stack solves shipping and logistics problems that arise as merchants scale, so they can focus their time, energy, and resources on what matters most.
Auctane is a team of shipping and software experts with a passion for helping merchants move their ideas, dreams and innovations around the globe. The Auctane family includes ShipStation, ShipWorks, ShipEngine, and ShippingEasy. Our partners include Amazon, UPS, USPS, eBay, BigCommerce, Shopify, WooCommerce, and Walmart.
A wholly-owned subsidiary of Stamps.com (Nasdaq: STMP), Auctane is headquartered in Austin, TX, with offices in St. Louis, London, and Sydney.
The Enterprise Applications team is tasked with enhancing, modifying, and maintaining features and functionality associated with Auctane’s internal applications and toolings.
As a Senior Software Engineer and member of the Enterprise Applications team, this individual is responsible for development and support for applications such as Salesforce, Zendesk, WordPress, Tray.io & other internal applications. You’ll work cross-functionally across multiple departments to gather technical requirements, design, and implement fit-for-purpose solutions to solve expanding business needs.
- Collaborate with other members of the Enterprise Applications team to design and develop new internal applications and improve existing applications.
- Constructively engage with team members and management through open and active communication channels when problem solving and developing solutions, recommending changes in policies, procedures, and tooling.
- Actively documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Mentor to other members of the team
- Active learner to update/improve job knowledge and share learnings with other team members by studying new development tools, programming techniques, and computing paradigms and reading professional publications.
- Leads by example through consistent actions and behaviors conducive to meeting business and organizational commitments/goals.
- Provide feedback to the team on product improvement ideas
- Organize/catalog common problems and other pain points encountered by end-users as well as ideas regarding improvements to common processes/workflows of Auctane users.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent years of relevant work experience.
- Five or more (5+) years as a Software Engineer.
- Three or more (3+) years supporting and contributing to REST API's supporting complex web applications.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Thorough understanding of C# / .NET / PHP / JS / React or comparable stacks.
- Experience working the full stack with the above technologies in a production environment
- Experience with source control systems and branching strategies
- Broad knowledge of web application development
- Understanding of UML diagrams (class diagrams, sequence diagrams, etc.) to communicate architecture and design concepts
- Demonstrates strong communication and team skills
- Detail oriented with strong organization skills
- Proven ability to prioritize work
- Can be productive and self-motivated in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment
- Uses time efficiently, possesses a solid work ethic and customer-focus
- Tray.io programming
- Web development
- REST and SOAP standards of API frameworks
- Less than 10%
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled