Every day, the complex challenges of global shipping and logistics bring growing pains that fast-growing online brands struggle to negotiate. Getting products into the hands of customers quickly and affordably is a challenge for most. At Auctane, we serve and champion these merchants every day. Our software stack solves shipping and logistics problems that arise as merchants scale, so they can focus their time, energy, and resources on what matters most.
Auctane is a team of shipping and software experts with a passion for helping merchants move their ideas, dreams and innovations around the globe. The Auctane family includes ShipStation, ShipWorks, ShipEngine, and ShippingEasy. Our partners include Amazon, UPS, USPS, eBay, BigCommerce, Shopify, WooCommerce, and Walmart.
A wholly-owned subsidiary of Stamps.com (Nasdaq: STMP), Auctane is headquartered in Austin, TX, with offices in St. Louis, London, and Sydney.
The Software Engineer - Mesh Logistics will help us provide real-time solutions for our customers when they need it the most. This role will function as a core member of our software engineering organization working within a cross-functional team to enhance, modify, and add functionality to our software platform and will report to the Director of Engineering.
This is an exciting position that will be part of our Mesh Logistics efforts; The mission of the Mesh Logistics team is to commodify and democratize access to Third Party Logistics & Dropship Services for merchants big & small. This team is responsible for building & innovating on features across our products including but not limited to: shipping, fulfillment, warehouse, carrier, inventory & connectivity with logistics partners.
- Solve complex problems that require analysis and in-depth evaluation of many factors
- Write high-quality code that has a significant impact on our business and customers
- Define the product architecture and code structure
- Translate business requirements into actionable units of work
- Perform code reviews and promote best practices
- Establish coding and testing standards for the team
- Lead by example and foster a culture of quality
- Help plan and assign work for the team, including creating Jira tickets and participating in sprint planning and backlog grooming
- Collaborate with other teams to understand our processes and tools
- Work cross-functionally with other departments to understand the domain and customer requirements
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent years of relevant work experience.
- Four to Seven (4-7) years of experience in software development roles, preferably within the eCommerce or shipping software industries.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Has a strong desire to take ownership and influence the product direction
- Driven to stay current with the latest technologies in a fast moving ecosystem
- Is a technical expert who can make well-informed design decisions and evangelize best practices within the company
- Experience with source control systems and branching strategies
- Wants to spend most of their time coding, but is happy to do the non-coding work required to help the team and deliver a product
- Can work with a high degree of autonomy and limited supervision
- Holds themselves to a high standard of quality and has meticulous attention to detail
- Familiarity with shipping and/or shipping software is a plus
- Acts with a sense of urgency, especially where customer impact and/or delays to shipping exists
- AWS, Kafka, ElasticSearch, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience working with the above technologies in a production environment
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled