Every day, the complex challenges of global shipping and logistics bring growing pains that fast-growing online brands struggle to negotiate. Getting products into the hands of customers quickly and affordably is a challenge for most. At Auctane, we serve and champion these merchants every day. Our software stack solves shipping and logistics problems that arise as merchants scale, so they can focus their time, energy, and resources on what matters most.
Auctane is a team of shipping and software experts with a passion for helping merchants move their ideas, dreams and innovations around the globe. The Auctane family includes ShipStation, ShipWorks, ShipEngine, and ShippingEasy. Our partners include Amazon, UPS, USPS, eBay, BigCommerce, Shopify, WooCommerce, and Walmart.
A wholly-owned subsidiary of Stamps.com (Nasdaq: STMP), Auctane is headquartered in Austin, TX, with offices in St. Louis, London, and Sydney.
As a Senior SQL Developer and member of the Engineering Operations team, this individual is responsible for the research and planning, development, implementation, utilization, monitoring, and administration of databases, primarily MS SQL Server. They are also responsible for the security, integrity, efficiency, scheduling, and documentation of the databases. They will establish and enforce written guidelines, rules, and standards.
- Perform day to day and long term monitoring of system health as it relates to database usage and performance.
- Perform research into database performance issues and come up with solutions to address those concerns.
- Respond to requests for data from internal users in a timely fashion.
- Perform database health checks using SQL profiler, performance monitor, performance counters and DBCC commands.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred.
- Five or more (5+) years in Database Design, Development, Administration of MS SQL Server in Production, Development and QA environments.
- Experience in fine tuning indexes for performance improvement.
- Experience implementing data partitioning to improve performance.
- Experience with very large databases (VLDB)
- Experience in security concepts as they relate to SQL Server.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent analytical, Interpersonal and Communication skills, fast learner, hardworking and good team player.
- Expert in database Performance Tuning, using tuning methodology, including enterprise manager, query plans, performance views, trace files and other SQL Server tools.
- Expert in writing T-SQL, including complex stored procedures, functions, views and triggers.
- Good knowledge of configuration management concepts, release management, change management concepts, industry standards and best practices
- Able to create effective Backup and Recovery plans by Transactional Log and Full Database Backups.
- Knowledgeable of high availability and disaster recovery solutions with SQL Server Failover Clustering, Database Snapshot, Log shipping and Database Mirroring.
- Knowledgeable with Data Warehouse concepts and implementation to provide reporting solutions for the organization.
- Knowledgeable in creation of SSIS packages for transferring data from various data sources like Oracle, MS Access, MS Excel and Text files.
- Strong ability to use Excel to create Pivot tables and accessing multidimensional cubes from Excel.
- SQL Server
- SQL Sentry, New Relic, and CloudWatch.
- SQL Server Failover Clustering, Database Snapshot, Log shipping, and Database Mirroring
- Data Warehouse platforms such as Redshift and reporting tools such as SSRS and Bime.
- Various data sources like Oracle, MS Access, MS Excel and Text files.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled