Every day, the complex challenges of global shipping and logistics bring growing pains that fast-growing online brands struggle to negotiate. Getting products into the hands of customers quickly and affordably is a challenge for most. At Auctane, we serve and champion these merchants every day. Our software stack solves shipping and logistics problems that arise as merchants scale, so they can focus their time, energy, and resources on what matters most.
Auctane is a team of shipping and software experts with a passion for helping merchants move their ideas, dreams and innovations around the globe. The Auctane family includes ShipStation, ShipWorks, ShipEngine, and ShippingEasy. Our partners include Amazon, UPS, USPS, eBay, BigCommerce, Shopify, WooCommerce, and Walmart.
A wholly-owned subsidiary of Stamps.com (Nasdaq: STMP), Auctane is headquartered in Austin, TX, with offices in St. Louis, London, and Sydney.
The Auctane Strategy & Insights team is responsible for delivering accurate data on business performance & actionable insights to partners across the Auctane e-commerce products, our parent company (Stamps.com), and external partners. These responsibilities are delivered through the definition & refinement of the company’s Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), setting goals against these KPIs, measuring performance against these goals, and recommending (and, when applicable, implementing) actions to drive improved performance. Also, the Strategy & Insights team partners with stakeholders from across the business to guide strategic planning and decisions through the use of external market research and trends from the analysis of internal data.
The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for producing analysis, reporting on business performance (revenue/expense/customer trends), modeling impact of investment, and root cause analysis. This role focuses on analyzing data collected from the Auctane subsidiaries, primarily revenue and internal customer performance. This role balances analysis activities with active partnering across all functional areas of Auctane.
- Display expertise in the Auctane subsidiary business models and operating plan.
- Partner with functional leaders and drive awareness of impact based on analysis and business model knowledge.
- Maintain operating model and variance reporting throughout the fiscal year.
- Business Analytics on our existing products to understand the current state and provide recommendations on how to improve our business to drive additional revenue.
- Uses underlying business trends and activities in the market to identify & quantify risks and opportunities for the business as part of planning & decision making.
- Regular and ad hoc analysis on initiatives’ results.
- Presentation of the results to Auctane Executive Leadership and occasionally to other colleagues from other Departments / Subsidiaries (e.g., Business Development, Product, Sales).
- Recommends value-add initiatives and guide functional partners through implementation.
- Gather requirements for data and BI products.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to help them manage programs/plans to meet business objectives, including gathering insights and making recommendations to develop strategies and creating a list of companies for business development initiatives.
- Participates in improvement projects to automate reporting for Global Team needs.
- Leverages historical data and predictive models to identify factors that impact KPIs and recommend actions to drive future performance.
- Maintains coverage of the eCommerce market and large, public, companies operating in space.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years’ experience.
- Five or more (5+) years of relevant work experience.
- Three or more (3+) years’ experience in relational database concepts with expert knowledge of SQL
- Three or more (3+) years of experience modeling investment opportunity or financial planning
- One or more (1+) years of experience managing and developing business intelligence solutions, such as Tableau, Looker, or Sisense for Cloud Data Teams
- Experience in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Strong track record of learning new tools, technologies, and frameworks
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
- Experience with data analysis in SQL, presentation of data
- Experience working with an income statement or knowledge about revenue and business drivers
- Experience with presenting data in a BI tool
- Experience with modeling the financial impact of strategic initiatives, including sensitivity analysis
- Experience with generalized linear modeling or clustering
Skills and Knowledge:
- Business acumen is required - understanding the levers to pull to produce growth and associated risks.
- Expert knowledge of SQL.
- Strong PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel skills are required.
- Understands descriptive statistics.
- Strategic Bias - weighing scale vs. expediency and can identify opportunities and risks within existing systems.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate results and insights to management and directors.
- Able to effectively combine quantitative data and qualitative information to communicate the “So What” of a situation to drive actionable insights.
- Passion for customers and interest in eCommerce.
- Ability to work cross-functionally to understand and deliver on business needs.
- Data management skills (cleaning, linking, analyzing, reporting).
- Able to balance fun & positive working relationships with the need to have direct conversations around business performance.
- Microsoft Excel
- Google Docs
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled