Every day, the complex challenges of global shipping and logistics bring growing pains that fast-growing online brands struggle to negotiate. Getting products into the hands of customers quickly and affordably is a challenge for most. At Auctane, we serve and champion these merchants every day. Our software stack solves shipping and logistics problems that arise as merchants scale, so they can focus their time, energy, and resources on what matters most.
Auctane is a team of shipping and software experts with a passion for helping merchants move their ideas, dreams and innovations around the globe. The Auctane family includes ShipStation, ShipWorks, ShipEngine, and ShippingEasy. Our partners include Amazon, UPS, USPS, eBay, BigCommerce, Shopify, WooCommerce, and Walmart.
A wholly-owned subsidiary of Stamps.com (Nasdaq: STMP), Auctane is headquartered in Austin, TX, with offices in St. Louis, London, and Sydney.
The Auctane DevOps team is responsible for finding the right tools and processes required to build an efficient and effective automated environment for the engineering team. In addition, a heavy emphasis is placed on automating infrastructure, CI/CD, and various other processes. The team is constantly looking at new technologies that will help us with faster delivery of features, enhance observability and improve the quality of life in the engineering organization.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will also work closely with IT, Devops and Engineering to ensure best practices & compliance initiatives are being implemented and adhered to. This may include SOX, SOC2, OWASP, and potentially others. This team member will collaborate with various constituents across engineering and business functions to develop and sustain a secured infrastructure by means of reducing our external attack surface, enhancing and validating patch management, performing vulnerability scans, coordinating penetration testing as well as other security initiatives across all of our products.
- Reduction of internal & external attack surfaces in our cloud environment.
- Research attempted efforts to compromise security protocols.
- Tracking and researching the latest attacks and how they might apply to our environments.
- Ensure new changes in our CI flows do not present additional risk.
- Performing vulnerability scans and remediate vulnerabilities in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with 3rd party penetration testers & product engineering to determine risks and resolutions to any findings.
- Work with engineering leads on developing security best practices for coding.
- Streamline administrative processes for onboarding and offboarding engineers.
- Administer security policies to control access to engineering systems.
- Ensure data stores are handing data according to our policies.
- Monitor for alerts/incidents/data leaks & act immediately on them.
- Follow alerting support communication escalation procedures.
- Ability to communicate honestly and directly while having the courage to own their convictions and adhere to strongly held principles and values.
- Coordinate with Sales Teams in helping them answer security questions for prospects.
- Work with the Security & Compliance team on compliance initiatives and issues.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, Information Security/Assurance, Internal Audit, or equivalent years’ experience.
- Minimum of Seven plus (7+) years of professional experience with any combination of at least 2 technical disciplines, including the following: cloud security, network security, application security, threat modeling, threat intelligence, software development and coding, incident response, vulnerability management, and cryptography
Skills and Knowledge:
- Hands on experience with AWS in a production environment.
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix and Windows tools and architecture.
- Knowledge of standard network protocols and multiple levels (TCP/IP, HTTP(S), IPSEC, etc)
- Knowledge of various host and network telemetry data (e.g. process lists, application logs, netflow records) and how to relate them to each other.
- Knowledge with common threat modeling approaches and enterprise attack surfaces.
- Comfortable scripting, writing tools to automate repeatable tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Security or AWS certifications (CISSP, GCIA GCIH, GCFA, GCFE, AWS SA, etc.)
- Experience with Security Operations, Incident Response, Threat Hunting and Assurance methodologies e.g. fuzzing, static and dynamic code analysis.
- Experience with common attack patterns and exploitation techniques. Ability to write fully functional exploits for common vulnerabilities such as simple stack overflow, cross-site scripting, or SQL injection.
Travel Requirements (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled