Every day, the complex challenges of global shipping and logistics bring growing pains that fast-growing online brands struggle to negotiate. Getting products into the hands of customers quickly and affordably is a challenge for most. At Auctane, we serve and champion these merchants every day. Our software stack solves shipping and logistics problems that arise as merchants scale, so they can focus their time, energy, and resources on what matters most.
Auctane is a team of shipping and software experts with a passion for helping merchants move their ideas, dreams and innovations around the globe. The Auctane family includes ShipStation, ShipWorks, ShipEngine, and ShippingEasy. Our partners include Amazon, UPS, USPS, eBay, BigCommerce, Shopify, WooCommerce, and Walmart.
A wholly-owned subsidiary of Stamps.com (Nasdaq: STMP), Auctane is headquartered in Austin, TX, with offices in St. Louis, London, and Sydney.
The Sales Development organization will be responsible for connecting and qualifying new leads for the Auctane US sales organization. This will be done by communicating with inbound requests through online chat and email that are received on the Auctane web properties. This will also be achieved through outbound lead generation efforts to those merchants and organizations that we want to target to do business with us.
The Director of Sales Operations will oversee the sales operations functions of the organization to ensure achievement of revenue goals. Responsible for areas such as planning and forecasting, budgeting, commissions and incentive reporting, sales research, trend reporting, and analysis. Ensure territory/region alignment and assist with incentive plan and quota setting. Work closely with sales directors and managers to create an environment that inspires an enthusiastic, innovative, and highly motivated sales force. Work closely with other top executives to design creative solutions to reach strategic business goals and to establish policies and procedures for sales operations. Second‐level executive responsible for a sub‐set of a functional area or responsible for the function at the regional, country, or division level.
- Be a trusted advisor to sales leadership by delivering insights and helping to define strategies in support of organizational priorities and key growth initiatives
- Lead, motivate and manage a high performing team of individuals and managers to deliver outstanding results for the organization while driving personal development and growth
- Define standards of sales performance and drive actions and activities at the sales rep / territory level that is consistent with predefined success criteria for the sales organization; track and report on these activities on a regular basis
- Drive the end-to-end sales planning process, inclusive of segmentation, sales coverage, territory definitions, quota-setting, and headcount management
- Administer, manage and report on bookings performance; drive adoption of forecasting tools and dashboards down to front-line sales
- Be the voice of the Americas Commercial and Partner organization to define requirements and influence key corporate initiatives
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years’ experience.
- At least Eight (8) years’ experience in inside/outside sales, account management, or business development.
- Four or more (4+) years’ experience in sales management role.
- Deep eCommerce experience in sales or business development preferred.
Preferred Education and/or Experience (if applicable):
- Two or more (2) + years’ experience as a sales operations manager with a Technology company.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Able to develop messaging to enable the team
- Able to analyze data to allocate resources in their business and to drive performance
- Has knowledge of key systems like salesforce.com, ZoomInfo, Dialpad, etc.
- Ability to provide coaching and feedback to team members
- Intermediate MS Excel Reporting
- Proficient with Salesforce.com CRM
- Proficient with Looker BI tool
Travel Requirements (if applicable):
- 10% or less, Occasionally required to support team at conferences
Additional Management Responsibilities:
- Performance Management: setting and managing goals, on-going coaching, corrective action, annual reviews, rewards/recognition, and team/individual development
- Employee Life Cycle Management: headcount forecasting, job descriptions, recruiting/hiring, termination
- Governance: ensuring compliance to company policy/practice (e.g. attendance, behavior, workplace attire), ensuring compliance to employment law (e.g. time keeping, anti-harassment and diversity)
- Leadership: ensures availability to staff, team building, building rapport with individuals, encouraging strong collaborative relationships between individuals and departments, facilitating a healthy work/life mix, solicits and applies feedback (internal and external to team), self-improvement as a leader/manager of people
- Culture Ambassador: proactively demonstrate and cultivate a culture of cooperative collaboration, strong work ethic, solutions-orientation, quality focus, results-orientation, relaxed/enjoyable atmosphere, team- and individual- celebration, and company/product pride.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled