Every day, the complex challenges of global shipping and logistics bring growing pains that fast-growing online brands struggle to negotiate. Getting products into the hands of customers quickly and affordably is a challenge for most. At Auctane, we serve and champion these merchants every day. Our software stack solves shipping and logistics problems that arise as merchants scale, so they can focus their time, energy, and resources on what matters most.
Auctane is a team of shipping and software experts with a passion for helping merchants move their ideas, dreams and innovations around the globe. The Auctane family includes ShipStation, ShipWorks, ShipEngine, and ShippingEasy. Our partners include Amazon, UPS, USPS, eBay, BigCommerce, Shopify, WooCommerce, and Walmart.
A wholly-owned subsidiary of Stamps.com (Nasdaq: STMP), Auctane is headquartered in Austin, TX, with offices in St. Louis, London, and Sydney.
The Product team defines, launches, analyzes and maintains the company’s slate of industry-leading features and programs. Our goal is to simplify the shipping experience for our customers by offering products that are best in class.
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for understanding the business needs and leading ShippingEasy product initiatives from inception to execution. The Senior Product manager must create value propositions that justify investments in features and improvements and have the ability to articulate this value across each of the stakeholder groups. They are responsible for understanding our users and their daily work. Building on deep empathy, the Senior Product Manager will collaborate closely with designers, engineers, analysts, data scientists, senior management, customer, partners, and other cross-functional team members to propose, ship, and refine delightful products while achieving business objectives.
- Translate vision and strategy into clear value propositions to create product requirements and specifications that can be communicated to operations, engineering, QA and other cross-functional teams.
- Create product designs and specifications.
- Manage gathering business and technical requirements from external and internal stakeholders including product managers, marketing, business development, QA, pricing, finance, customers and software related technical resources.
- Advocate for the customer and improve the user experience in the definition of innovative solutions.
- Work with operation teams, development teams, project managers, and QA engineers throughout the product development, testing, and implementation phases to ensure feature integrity.
- Drive new feature development working side-by-side with product managers, engineers, and QA.
- Manage the product development life cycle to support product releases on a regular basis.
- Manage numerous projects from inception through launch.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all development and business stakeholders in order to ensure effective and timely delivery of features.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to create roadmap and schedule of features.
- Own, manage and prioritize the backlog of features and bugs based on ROI and dependencies with other product managers, development teams and business stakeholders.
- Contribute to the overall Product Vision and Roadmap.
- Advocate for features that will help drive the business strategy and vision.
- Monitor ongoing performance of features and act as point of contact for any questions, concerns, or suggestions.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent years of experience.
- Five or more (5+) years of relevant product management experience.
- Experience with rapid experimentation, increasing conversion, and reducing churn.
- Experience partnering with engineering and design to define, build, and maintain products which are critical to growth, engagement, and retention.
- Professional experience with eCommerce and shipping carriers is preferred.
- B2B product experience is preferred.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to narrate a story for what problem you’re solving for and the vision you’re going after, combined with the capacity to dive into minute details.
- Familiarity with the concepts of design thinking and how rapid prototyping works.
- Strong focus on customers – you find a great deal of satisfaction in knowing users, who they are and what they do, but most importantly, why they do the things they do.
- Proven ability and track record with developing and maintaining collaborative relationships -- people want to work with you again.
- Obsession with understanding how your work is impacting customers and how the team’s hypotheses are playing out “in the wild”
- A growth mindset.
- Exceptional decision making skills – (Given limited resources, how do you prioritize across needs?)
- Strong understanding of the leading solutions and providers of eCommerce.
- Proven track record of launching new features and functionality.
- Able to communicate effectively, develop compelling recommendations, and inspire team members, cross-functional partners, and executives.
- Ability to identify new opportunities within partnerships.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to understand our market and products.
- Passion for great user experiences.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Exceptional analytical and fact-based problem solving skills.
- Excellent presentation skills, including developing presentation content and public speaking.
- Highly organized, with strong communication and relationship-building skills.
- Superior multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Self-starter and ready to work in an intense but fun ‘startup-like’ environment with our existing team of marketing professionals.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Excel ( Pivot Tables) and PowerPoint
- Approx. 10% - This role may require periodic domestic travel to subsidiary companies and partner meetings
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled